Chapter 35: Tonight

"So long that I've waited for a girl
To come into my life and in my world
I can't explain my feelings for you
I guess you're just all my dreams come true..."

Jordan's heavenly voice sang softly close to my ear, waking me in the early morning.

He had written this beautiful song with Danny's help last year. It's a sweet love song about finding that special someone in one's life. And to Jordan, I was that special someone he had in mind when he told me that night in my bedroom back at Berkeley. He's been saving this song for a solo project in the far future, but, instead gave it to good friend, Tommy Page for his sophomore album, Paintings in My Mind. "I'll Be Your Everything" went straight to the number one spot on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart in April of this year.

"And I'll be your lover, your lover
And I'll be your best friend, oh I'll be your friend
I'll be there when you're needing me, when you need me
I'll be your everything, your everything..."

Jordan's singing serenaded my ears. His fingers caressed my bare skin leaving goosebumps all over my body. The two of us were wrapped underneath the sheets, our warm bodies pressed close as we spent the night making love after being apart for so long.

"Morning, beautiful. Slept well?" His tired chocolate eyes gazed into mine, searching for an answer. My eyes found Jordan's highlighted, enriched hair sticking out in several odd angles from all of the tugging and pulling I did last night.

Sometimes, I just can't resist his perfectly styled hair.

As my eyes returned to his handsome face, I noticed the early morning stubble around his upper lip and chin. Sure, he may not have George Michael's trademark five o'clock shadow, but Jordan looked sexy enough to me. And, any girl who loved him would agree, too.

"Yes, I really did, J. For some reason, I always sleep so comfortably when I'm with you. I only wish we could stay like this forever." I smiled at him, nuzzling the nape of his neck. A soft moan escaped from his mouth after placing my lips to his burning skin.

"I do too, baby. Believe me, I wish I can stay in bed with you all day until the sheets get ruined. But, tonight's the big concert and you and I know we can't miss that. We'll have time to make up for it though." His voice was purely sexual, yearning to repeat the events that occurred last night.

We needed to be at the Civic Center in a few hours before the concert. It was the usual schedule and the guys needed to be there for a quick soundcheck to make sure everything will be perfect for tonight. Already, the stage crew had been working with the Pay-Per-View guys to set up all of the technical stuff, so that the concert can be seen in every household all over the world.

The only downside about today is the fact Anne and I needed to contain our womanly urges around Jordan and Jon. The PPV camera crew will be filming every New Kids moment before tonight's concert as a free preview to urge fans to contact their cable companies and order tonight's event. And, the last thing we needed was to be gossiped all over the media if we got too close to them.

"Why don't we make it up right now in the shower? We both know it's going to be a very long day and we wont be able to be ourselves around each other until the concert is done." I boldly offered him, playing along to this intense game. Jordan looked at me with a wide, open grin, knowing he couldn't refuse.

"What are we waiting for then?" He unraveled the bedsheets away from us and rolled out of bed. Jordan took my hand and pulled me out of bed, guiding me into the bathroom as echoes of our laughter filled the air.

The two of us dressed in comfortable clothes after enjoying a nice and steamy shower. Jordan wore his Levi's blue wash jeans, a red t-shirt worn underneath of a white and black sweater with the word 'Canada' stitched in red. He also added a blue snapback worn backwards, not bothering with his hair until later tonight. Lastly, he secured his gold hoops and the small diamond stud earrings to his ears. And, those black rubber bracelets he wore on both wrists since last year, had lost most of their elasticity, so the only way to remove them was to cut them off, but Jordan stated he's never taking them off.