Chapter 9: Two Days Away

Jordan's P.O.V:

The ocean breeze lightly blew into my face and swept up my hair, as I sat down on the warm sand close to the shoreline. The waves rolled through the ocean dispersing once touching the sand as the cries of seagulls flew high above me.

These last couple of days had gone by in a flash and now I had two days left before getting back on the road. The New Kids newly released album, Step by Step had already hit number one on the charts and we needed to thank our fans for all of their support.

All of us within the group were hyped to perform across the country this summer, but I wasn't too thrilled on leaving behind the most important girl in my life. It tore me apart knowing she was going to stay here and I was going on the road these next three months. We never talked about our long distance situation, I knew it was on her mind, but I didn't want her to be sad when I leave. I've heard about long distant relationships never working out, but we were different and I know deep in my heart we can truly make this relationship work.

I love her too much and losing her is the last thing on my mind.

Before, it was easier because we were only friends then.

I was out on the road after Hangin' Tough gained us a fan base and sold out concerts in every city. Stephanie had been accepted into Berkeley last summer, the college she's been wanting to go for the longest time. One of the reasons why she wanted to go to school in California was because she had a lot of family living there, so she wouldn't feel like an outsider.

We would have times when we'd write to each other and it always something I looked forward too when I needed to get away from the madness. And, when she gave me her number to call her from California, it was even more enjoyable to listen to her voice talk to me instead of imagining it in my head countless of times.

Then, when the holidays came around last year, I was happy to be home and see Stephanie again. Except, that never happened because I was still on the road touring with the rest of the New Kids through the holidays. It was just recently I was able to see her again back in our hometown and not looking at her from the stage. I've been in love with her for a long time now, but, I was afraid ruining our friendship if she didn't feel the same way. So, I would date other girls instead, but I was never satisfied because I wanted her and gave it a chance to ask her out.

Now, she's finally mine and maybe the timing was bad, but I promised our relationship wouldn't be exposed to the public and she could continue living a normal life. Stephanie would be busy in college and I would be making new music with the New Kids.

Everything would work out in the end.

The ocean continued to roll back and forth against the shoreline. Maybe, I should have waited to ask her out once the tour had ended, but there wouldn't be a guarantee that she would remain single until then. I couldn't wait any longer, I became impatient and selfish in making her mine. There were no regrets. Now, I just have to figure out how I'm going to spend these next three months without going crazy over missing her. And, just as I thought about it, Jonathan's words of wisdom from this morning repeated inside my head. 

"Listen, Jordan. I know we have to leave again in two days and you just got Stephanie to be your girl. But, just because you'll be away doesn't mean she can't come with us on tour. Sure, we have to plan it out carefully so she can have enough time to get back to Berkeley and all."

"But, I don't think anyone would disagree to have her with us. I'm sure Dick would understand once you talk to him. He knows she's not going to be a problem, she's been at our side since the beginning! Remember, she was the one who persuaded you to take the audition after Donnie had asked you to join the group even before we were known as New Kids on the Block. And when we did made a huge impact on the music industry, she never changed because of our fame, not like most of the people we knew."

There's no other girl like her! It's hard to find a girl who isn't interested in you because you're famous. And, I know she would never do anything to hurt you, Jordan. She loves you. You better tell Dick about her coming with us now because if you wait, it'll be too late."

What my brother had told me was the truth. Stephanie has always been there for me when I needed her and I wanted her to come with me on tour this summer. I only hope Dock Scott, our manager, would accept my request.

End P.O.V