Chapter 11: Evening in Lake Placid

The moment finally arrived as now I was on the road with my five favorite boys, the New Kids on the Block, and it's going to be so exciting for me. Before we separated on the two buses, it was already decided that I'll be going on the blue bus with the Knight Brothers. They're bus was dubbed "The Knight Bus" for obvious reasons, but it does have a nice ring to it.

My eyes were easily drawn at the outside  scenery through the large glass window, the bus was moving steadily on the open road and my thoughts carried me away. I remembered seeing the expressions my parents made as we exchanged farewell to each other. They were happy about Jordan's proposal to take me on the road with the New Kids this summer. Though, I know they were slightly sad that I was leaving them for nearly most of my summer. I promised I will be back home at the end of July just as Jordan had told me. They were also very concern about me, too. Being a friend of the group is one thing, but having a hush hush relationship with one of them is a lot more complicated.

"Everything is all settled on the bus. Now, all we need to do is be in Lake Placid and kick off our first concert tomorrow night! I'm really excited you're going on the road with us, Steph!" Jonathan's voice somehow brought me back into reality. He moved into the lounge area of the bus with his adorable sidekick, Nikko, the tan colored Shar-Pei pup.

"Me too! I'm really glad to be here and spend time with everyone again. I'm looking forward to seeing the new tour! It's going to be amazing! Right Nikko?" Jon sat down next me on the couch with his dog on his lap. I ruffled the wrinkling fur ball as Nikko licked my hand in response.

"That's a definite "yes"." Jonathan spoke out, as we laughed for a while.

Soon I felt a warm pair of chocolate eyes staring at me at a short distance. Jordan smoothly walked over to us and smiled at me brightly while extending out his hand for me to take.

"Come with me." He let out to me through his white grin while my stomach began to perform back flips as my lips couldn't resist smiling in return and I turned to his older brother making sure if it was alright to leave him and Nikko.

"Do you mind if I go, Jon?" I asked him sweetly and he gave me a wide smirk knowing it was okay as he nodded his head.

"No, go right ahead, Stephanie. I'll let you both know when we're there in Lake Placid." Jonathan told us as I grabbed Jordan's hand with mine and easily he lifted me to my feet and led me down the hall and bedrooms before reaching the room in the back of the bus. This room is where the brothers would watch films on VHS, listen to music and dance and basically anything for some relaxation while on the road. As we entered the room, Jordan closed the door and fell on the large couch bringing me with him and causing myself to tumble on top of him bringing the two of us bursting into laughter before I felt his gentle lips pressing against mine. Once our lips parted from each other, I started to lose myself in a long lasting gaze staring into those warm loving eyes.

"I'm really happy you're here with me, baby. On the last tour, all I ever thought about was you and I've missed you a lot while I was away from you. I don't think I could have bared another day without seeing you again if I never asked for you to come on this tour." He began to speak out his mind as he placed his arms around my waist and rolled me to the side lying next to him on the spacious couch.

"I'm happy to be here too, J. There were a lot of times that I'd missed you and even though we kept in contact, sometimes I had this feeling I'll never see you again because you're were so far away. Still, I always understood that this was your life now, you are out there on stage to make your fans happy and it's the reason every one of those fans love you as well as the rest of the guys is because you make them feel loved and also happy. I don't want to ever take that away from you because you worked so hard to get to where you are now and that makes me really happy. Being here on the road and being able to spend these two months with you and the rest of the group means a lot to me. I wouldn't trade it for anything else." I looked into his deep brown eyes seeing the small fire igniting within them as his mouth extended wide and began to stroke my hair before speaking to me.