Chapter 39: I Don't Want To Cry

Author's Note: Hello everyone! Sorry if anyone of you thought I updated this story a while back. That was my mistake! I accidentally hit the "publish" button while working on the draft. Sorry! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Berkeley, California
February 23rd, 1991
***

It's been nearly two months when I first found out I was pregnant with Jordan's child. The bump was barely visible, but it was there. And, in a couple more months I wouldn't be able to discreetly hide it.

Unfortunately, my attempts to tell Jordan were unsuccessful.

Within the last month, The New Kids On The Block were not only touring, but made several appearances on television, such as the UCP telethon, the Rock In Rio II concert special on MTV, the Disney/ABC special "Wildest Dreams" at MGM Studios, and sharing the stage with Public Enemy's Flavor Flav at the AMA's. Anne and I even watched the Super Bowl to watch their half-time show performance. Though, that whole thing was cut from broadcasting due to President Bush's address of the Gulf War.

With everything that's been happening, the conversation about my pregnancy was inconvenient.

Until now...

A few weeks back, Anne nearly had a heart attack when she went to get our mail and came back with an envelope that contained tickets and backstage passes to tonight's New Kids concert in Oakland.

This was finally my chance to talk to Jordan.

~Ring Ring Ring!~

The ringing of the phone snapped me out of thoughts, finding Anne entering the kitchen to answer it.

"Hello." She casually answered, waiting for a response on the other end of the line.

Her face sparkled like a firework on the 4th of July. There's only one person in the whole world who made her brighter than the sun.

Her loving boyfriend, Jonathan Knight.

"Hey, sweetie!...Aww, of course, I'm excited about tonight! I can't wait to see you again...I missed you, too..."

My lips turned into a wide grin, laughing to myself. I loved how happy they made each other. It was adorable.

"Hmm?...Yeah, everything's been good here. Steph and I just finished packing the rest of her things. My dad is coming by on Monday to help us fly everything to Boston..." Her voice informed him, as I turned to look at the stacks of boxes taped up and label with black sharpie in my bedroom.

It almost felt like yesterday when I first moved here a couple years ago.

"Yeah, let me give her the phone, so you can talk to her." Anne made her way over with the cordless phone in her hand.

"It's Jon, girly." Her smile grew wide, giving me the phone as I took it from her grasp and placed it to my ear.

"Hello?" I talked into the phone, walking over to my bed as I took a seat with Anne sitting next to me.

"Hey, Stephie! How are you feeling?" His voice was filled with sincerity, knowing about my pregnancy after Anne accidentally told him on New Year's Eve.

No one knew about it aside from my parents, Anne and her parents, Marlene and Jonathan.

"Well, some morning sickness here and there, but I'm doing a lot better now. I think I'll be able to manage tonight." I smiled into the phone, placing my hand over the small mound where the baby rested inside.