Chapter 4

I'm upstairs reading my literature textbook when the doorbell sounds. Deep breath, what is the worst thing that can happen.

You could get into a fight and get arrested... you can get a crappy fake ID and get caught... you coul-ENOUGH. Screw you thoughts go away.

I open the door to Anna taking her in a little more, about as tall as I am at 5'7", but this girl is skinny. Not the type of skinny where you see bones and want to shove a cheeseburger down their throat but I'd put money on if you lifted her shirt there would be a six-pack. Tough girl. Her long blonde hair is falling down her back, it's very long I note with jealousy. It's weird, her and all her friends have some sort of brown eyes... 

Anna lifts her arms showing she has bags hanging off of her. Oops

"Hey! What's all this?" I ask nervously while stepping aside to let her in.

"My supplies to make us fabulous." She winks and heads up the stairs.

She stops waiting for me to go into one of the rooms, so I hurry past her and open the door. She struts to my bed and unloads all of the bags. She confidently walks up to my closet and starts to go through it. Jesus this does not have boundaries. What is with the people here. Must be something in the water...

"Okay, what are you wearing tonight?" She turns to look at me, obviously with my closet.

I look around awkwardly,

"I was thinking, I don't know, a shirt and jeans?" I scratch my head

What does this chick expect from me. I'd go in sweatpants if I could.

Her eyebrows shoot up and she looks at me with shock.

"What? I don't have to impress..."

"Right..." she says sounding oddly disbelieving, "well jeans would work if we were just going to the bar but we're going to the club after so... what do you have for dresses." She raises her eyes in a no-nonsense way.

"Anna! I don't do dresses, okay?" Please don't make.

Who am I kidding. There is no way this girl is going to take no for an answer.

"You're lucky I came prepared." She squints her eyes at me before demanding, "Bring me the pink bag. I'm not dumb. I seen your jaw drop for Riley, so I'd say you do have someone to impress."

"Hey! There was no jaw dropping!" Oh gosh I'm caught, "You know what, even if what you say is true, he was all over your friend." 

Anna bursts out laughing, "Yeah, for now. Let's just say he doesn't stick around for long, and Sam isn't my friend," she wrinkles her nose "she's just a necessity to our group right now."

Okay... that's not weird at all...

 "Well he's an ass. I don't get involved with guys anyway, they only hurt you in the end."

She gives me a knowing look, "History of a broken heart? We all get them, but I feel like you would be good for him. No girl has ever shot him down or argued with him, but you did today. It was the best thing I've ever seen."

"Actually I've never had any relations with... the opposite sex. Technically though, I suppose I did get my heart broken." I trail... "We'll see what happens." I say just to end the conversation.

She gives me a weird look before gesturing to her pink bag. I grab it to hand to her and then drop it right away,

"What the hell is in there? Bricks?!" Jeez that was heavy.