Chapter 18

Why me? I miss my lazy days, the days where I didn't have to hone my powers and train how to fight so that I can kill me abusive father before he destroys my pack all while trying to save the love of my life's father. I feel like pulling my hair out.

"You're doing really well Emily. It's only five, stop whining, you're hurting my ears." Martin clutches his ears dramatically.

"At least let me grab something to eat." I stomp my foot.

Pretty soon hungry is going to turn into hangry, and you won't like me when I'm hangry.

Rolling his eyes he nods his head, telling me I have half an hour. Running to the kitchen I grab enough stuff to make three sandwiches. I pile them together quickly before going on the hunt for my mate.

"Rileeeeeey!" I call walking down the hall.

"In here!"

Beaming I head to his office, stopping just outside when I smell something off putting. It smells like a girl... a... turned on girl? Oh hell nah.

Throwing the door open I spot a sultry looking thing sitting across from Riley at his desk.

Trust me, I know. Boxing gloves are on.

My wolf knows me so well. Lifting my chin I walk to a smiling Riley, he offers me a spot on his lap, but setting the sandwiches down I slap a loud kiss onto his lips, pivoting to face blondie. Blondie sticks out her neck a little, glancing me up and down, seeming pleased with what she was looking at. Fucking bitch.

"Who the hell are you?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I'm Sapphire, it's very nice to meet you. I'm Martin's sister." She extends her skinny hand.

I stare at it with distaste. "What are you doing here?"

Retracting her hand awkwardly she re-crosses her legs, spiking new anger in me as she flashes her legs in front of my mate.

"Well I just wanted to meet the pack that we're going to be working with closely." She pretty much purrs.

When she said "closely" something snapped inside of me, and with a slight raise of my chin her chair slid back all the way to the door.

"Emily!" Riley starts to stand but I place my hand on his shoulder to keep him still.

"Watch it newbie." Blondie growls at me, and that's the last straw.

I only take a step towards her before the door is slammed open and Martin is there.

"You, control yourself. Sapphire, go home. I told you not to come here, anything that happens to you will be your own fault." Martin stares blankly at his sister.

"Oh brother, you should know by now, I don't follow your rules. You stupid Elite, you don't get it, you see the good in everyone. What more do I have to do." She smirks and I slowly start to understand that she's not a close sister.

"Go back to your home. You're alone. There is no fight to be had." He just seems annoyed.

"Wait... she said she was with you?" Riley's speaks confused.

"No, she's not. I wouldn't be surprised if she was with Damien." Martin speaks matter-of-fact.

Just as Riley begins a deep thunderous growl, Sapphire whips the cape that had been tucked behind her, and in a flash she's no longer there.

"Martin! How dare you stop me! She deserved to at least get hit! She was... into him." I growl, slightly shaking.

"There's no time for that now. Come, we need to continue trai-"