Chapter 21

Hand in hand, we find our way back to the pack house. People are spread across the large backyard, all training and working on their combat. A pang of guilt hits my chest, we escaped for a full twenty-four hours, abandoning our responsibilities to engage in... well... mind-blowing sex. Riley has a goal to Christian every surface of our new home, we only got about one-eighth of it covered, a promise to fulfil his goal still sparkles in his eyes.

Riley firmly presses his lips to the back of my hand before releasing me and heading to his group of people. My lower stomach clenches as I watch him walk away, the familiar ache in my centre reminding me of where he was not too long ago. Mans stamina is almost too much to bare.

With a sly grin I head over to Noah, who is currently barking orders to a female as he blocks and counters her punches. The girl, who I recognise as Jessabelle, an older pack member, gives an angered war cry before doubling her efforts to land a sold punch. Her pony tail is slicked back with sweat, her muscles quivering in exhaustion. I glare at the back of Noah's head. Boy obviously doesn't know how to train her properly.

Stomping, I close the last few steps between us, whacking his head with my palm. He immediately ducks his head in shock, spinning to glare at me.

"What the hell? Emily? What was that for?" His anger dies into confused annoyance when he see's it is me.

I sucked my teeth in aggravation, shoving him aside I turn to face Jessabelle, ignoring his disapproved grunt.

"To fight successfully, you must pull from your core, protect your core, and most importantly, keep your core strong. Enough of this noodle body." Placing my hands on her waist I straighten it from its slacked form, keeping it tight. "There you go, strong." I give her a shove for good measure, pleased when she doesn't budge. "Now hands up. No, like this." I reposition her thumb so that it isn't tucked under her fingers, helping her form a proper fist. "You'll break your fingers if you punch like that. Now, lets try this again."

Placing myself in front of her I take in her wide nervous eyes, with a groan I relax myself once more. This girl has zero confidence; she looks like she's going to go find a tree to hide behind. Where was the cry of passion I seen not five minutes ago?

Tightening my lips, I allow the command to slip from my lips. "Tell me you're going to kick my ass. And mean it."

She jumped at the bark before her eyes glossed over. "I'm going to kick your ass."

The snarl in her voice makes me smile with glee.

"Now follow through with your promise." I command, once more.

Hesitation flashes across her face, but her body prepares itself the way that I taught it. Fists raised, she takes no more time, and comes at me. A fast right hook threatens to bruise the left side of my face. I seen it coming, but I let it connect, wanting her confidence to shine through. Jessabelle growls, stalking closer to me, spinning her foot in a round house kick. Not wanting the amount of pain that the foot would bring me I step back, letting her kick the air.

Where the hell did that come from? Round house kick... what the hell?

It's impossible for her to beat me, so dodging another forceful punch I command her to stop.

"Luna, I'm so sorry." She cries. "You shouldn't have made me; I didn't want to."

Oh god, what a sap. "It's fine. But now, I must insist that you fight Noah again. I want you to try as hard as you were before, but this time use your new found skills." With a glance at Noah I leaned into Jessabelle and whispered. "Use your size to get into his body. Stop throwing your arms and get close. Wait for the perfect opportunity and strike."