Chapter 14

Riley stares at me with wide innocent eyes, as if he doesn't see the problem.

"Riley. It's not safe. I could get pregnant." I hiss.

"Would that be so bad?" He asks wide eyed.

You've got to be kidding me. Yeah, I'd say that'd be pretty darn bad. Sure let's have a child while we're training to defend ourselves from my abusive father and the man that killed your own father. Men.

"I don't think the timing is right. We're a little on the busy side... and not to mention it would be dangerous." Duh.

"I would never let anything harm you or our baby." His testosterone is showing.

"Whatever. We'd better get a pregnancy test next week. Until then, if you don't have condoms, get some."

And with that I throw the covers off of me and hop out of bed, heading to the bathroom. I pour a hot bath and add a large amount of bubbles, this is going to be soothing. Riley comes in when I'm settled in the tub, staring at me wearily.

"Can I join you?" He asks hesitantly.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah."

I scoot up so that he can get in behind me, relaxing against him.

"We'd better get some rest after this. Training tomorrow." I tease to lighten the mood.

"You're right. How's your stamina?" Riley pokes my side teasingly.

I lower my voice into what I hope to be sexy. "I don't know, you tell me."

He answers by placing a kiss on my neck. After washing and drying ourselves off, we get into bed, me cuddled up to his side.

"Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight."

Sleep takes me.

The screaming of the alarm clock wakes me up. I stretch my arms out, searching for my hunk of man, but finding nothing. Popping one eye open I'm disappointed to see no one there. I slap the alarm clock, finally making it shut up, and notice the small note sitting on the side table.

"Rise and shine, Sweetheart. I set the alarm for you so you didn't have to wake up so early. I have stuff to set up. Get changed and come to the field. Be prepared to be worked over hard ;), xoxo R "

He can make things sound perverted even in writing. Getting up I put on a different pair of black shorts and a black sports bra, leaving the sweater behind. I better not have to run... I'm so out of shape.

I speed walk to the field, joining my group of trainers. People stare at me, some with curiosity and others with... jealousy?

Moving my legs as fast as they can go I run behind Riley, trying to hide from the prying eyes.

"What are you doing?" He asks amused.

"They're all staring at me!" I hiss.

"They were staring at you yesterday too, they are curious about their Luna." He side steps so I'm no longer hidden.

"Traitor."

Riley barks out a laugh before whistling to get everyone's attention.

"Gather around. The forest has been marked and flattened into a track of sorts. Since it's Thursday we will be training in our wolf forms. To start, I want you all to sprint three laps. This is a warm up, but do not be mistaken, it is also for rank, be fast and watch where you are going. Em, you can just jog it once. Go." He demands as he grabs his clipboard and sits in a lawn chair.