Chapter 16

This is really short but this is how it's gonna be from now on. Shorter more frequent updates. Thank you. Hope this helps.

I was wandering around Xavier's home aimlessly while I waited for him to return from his jog. I can't just sit here. I went to his backyard and began using my magic to make large dirt obstacles and targets. I need to practice aiming my spells.

Latin words rolled off my tounge naturally as I destroyed the blocks and targets. Fire was spitting out of me, blue smoke was coming from my finger tips, electricity ran through my body. I smiled in triumph once all the targets were down. I could get used to this.

I heard a faint rustle in the woods behind me. I didn't turn but I knew it was Xavier. I smirked and turned around, quickly shouting a spell, and watched the blue smoke escape my fingertips and hurdle towards him. He yelped and ducked. I continued to send it after him until it finally got him smack in the chest. He stumbled back and fell down.

I ran over and peered down at him. He was panting.

"Had enough dog boy?" I asked smugly. He growled and shot up. We went back and forth for at least an hour. Him tackling me and me enchanting him.

"Alright, alright, truce. I'm tired." I said panting. He nodded. We retreated inside and while he showered I began getting ingredients for dinner out. Twenty minutes later he emerged soaking wet and in a towel. I rolled my eyes.

"Took you long enough. I'm taking mine now." I said brushing past him.

"Shoulda just showered with me!" He called. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right, you asshole." I snarked.

"I mean you're already pregnant, so there's no risk factor." He called. I paused weighing the options.

"That's true. Well, if you're up for another shower..." I said quietly from the top of the steps. It was quiet for a second before I heard him walking towards me.

"I thought you'd never ask." He smirked.