Chapter 6

I was finally able to walk around without the wheelchair now. I felt so much better honestly. I was completely ready for the concert tonight. The line up is Sam, Jacob, Daniel, then me. Everyone is performing to two songs. I'm singing Piano by Ariana Grande and Prettiest Girl by Tamar Braxton. I'm dedicating prettiest girl to Alex. You'll figure out why.

I was currently getting ready for the concert. Laken was lounging on my bed under the covers almost completely unnoticeable. What a small boy. My door flung open.

"Have you spoken to Laken today?" Justin asked. I saw Laken move slightly from the corner of my eye.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"He just hasn't really talked to me today. Or yesterday. Or the day before." Justin sighed sadly. I gulped. Laken had a surprise planned for Justin. It was a vow renewal. I was helping plan it so Laken was never really around Justin. When he was it was brief because he didn't wanna risk spilling the secret. I let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah? I wonder why..." I trailed off.

"I was hoping you knew. You two have become besties." He said smiling softly.

"Well, do you love him?" I asked.

"More than anything I've ever laid eyes on." Justin replied not missing a beat.

"Do you trust him?" I asked.

"With my life." He said firmly.

"Exactly. Just trust that he loves you too and whatever his reasons are, are for the best for you both." I said smiling. Justin looked at me funnily.

"What do you know?" He asked suspiciously. I gulped.

"Nothing. Now leave me to get ready in peace." I said pushing him away. He looked me up and down before leaving. Once we heard his room door shut Laken popped up with a smile.

"Good job not spilling! Oh yeah, and he's so cute when he's worried." He gushed.

"You should go give him a cuddle and a giant kiss." I smirked. His giggled and got up skipping off to Justin's door.

"Hi babe!" I heard Laken squeal. Next there was a thud. Then a groan.

"Why'd you do that?" Justin groaned.

"I was just excited to see you! We haven't really seen each other for a few days and that is IMMENSELY depressing to think about." Laken responded. How cute. Suddenly my phone rang.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey baby." A husky voice replied.

"What's up?" I grinned.

"I'm almost there. Be ready." He said.

"Okay." I said slightly panicked before hanging up. I slid on my dress quickly. It was short with a silver and sparkly corset upper half and white tutu like lower half. I slid into my silver and black heels before hurrying with my makeup. My hair was in a tight ponytail. I cried out in victory as soon as I heard a knock on the door. It was time to go.

I was pleased with myself. Even Sam was all dressed up. He was wearing black skinny pants, a white button up, and a black blazer.

"You look hot." I gushed. He smiled.

"You too." He said.

"Our rides here. Come on." I said. All performers had to arrive early. My mom, Marcus, Justin, Laken, Jay, and Emmy are coming later. I walked down the steps carefully and landed right in front of Alex.

"Hey baby." I smiled. He leaned in for a kiss but I moved my face.

"Lipstick." I said sassily. He raised an eyebrow. I smirked and patted my cheek.