Chapter 2

**I apologize in advance if there's any spelling mistakes, or grammar ones. I'm writing this on my iPod. But otherwise enjoy :) ** **The YouTube video is a silly video of how NOT to sneak out. Watch it lol. And that outfit is the one Melody wears to school.**

        Xavier and I drove around for a bit while we decided where to eat. He doesn't know where anything is so I directed him to the restaurant stretch and he looked quite pleased. "I'm thinking China Coast. I want Chinese." He mused. I nodded.

        "Same." I said. We pulled into China Coast and I sighed in relief. Food.

        Once we were inside and got our food from the buffet we sat and ate. We talked for hours and as the hours passed I could see his entire demeanour shift. When we first got here at about three o clock he had been sat up straight and politely been talking to staff but now, oh now it was different. His legs were stretched out on the booth as he pressed his back against the wall and looked at me sideways. He'd gotten a bit sharp with some of the staff and he just had an overall 'idrgaf' attitude. A part of me wanted to tell him off, but a bigger part just thought it made him even more appealing.

        "Hey I'll be back in like, 10 minutes. I'm gonna go smoke and then we can leave." He said lazily. I shook my head.

        "Let's just pay now and I'll come with you." I said. He shrugged and got up waiting for me. I slid out of the booth and began to walk towards the spot where you paid. Xavier handed over the correct amount of cash and then we made our way outside. I was hit with a cool breeze and shivered. Xavier lit his cigarette and puffed it before holding it between his lips and pulling out a ball of fabric.

        "You left it in the booth." He mumbled holding up my cardigan. I smiled.

        "Thanks for grabbing it." I said reaching for it. He pulled it out of reach though.

        "Ah ah ah. Let me." He mumbled with the cigarette still balanced between his lips. He stepped a bit closer and I got a big whiff of smoke. He wrapped the cardigan around me and allowed me to put my arms through.

        "Thanks." I said with a blush. He smirked puffing his cigarette and blowing the smoke away from me. Good boy.

        "Anything for you." He said with that same little smirk that made me doubt he was being serious.

        "Yeah right." I said rolling my eyes.

        "Hey, even though I have a slightly different attitude right now, I have the same heart and feelings. But oh have you got more to see of me." He said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I nodded.

        "I mean, it's okay. It's obviously who you really are. I can see how you try to mask it at school. That's nice and all but, be who you are. Who cares if people judge." I said. He nodded.

        "Your mom wouldn't like me much." He sang lightly.

        "Who cares? I'm nearly 18. I make my own decisions." I said firmly. He looked at me funnily.

        "She especially won't like me after I suggest what I'm about to suggest." He said removing his cigarette from his lips.

        "And what's that?" I asked stepping closer. He smirked.

        "Try this. Just one puff. I wanna see your reaction." He said holding out the cigarette to me. I stared at it for a second before taking it.

        "Okay." I said. I always wondered what one tasted like but no one I knew smoked. Here's my chance.

        "Okay just wrap your lips around it and breathe in. Then breathe out. Slowly. You don't wanna go so fast that you cough and your throat burns." He instructed. I nodded and followed the instructions and surprisingly it went smoothly. No coughing and hacking. I felt my body just sort of relax.