Chapter 18

I paced back and forth as I waited. How was I supposed to know when the police got here anyways? I looked around the room and saw a small panel of buttons. I pressed the yellow one and a screen flipped out. I stumbled back in surprise. It began whirring and flickering before the screen came on. It was a security TV.

Each little box was a different room. From what I could tell, the men who were in the house were just outside the door. I winced and looked at Aaron who was sitting in the corner, knees drawn to his chest. I signed to him, to ask if he was okay. He nodded in response.

"Something's wrong. It's just, something's off." I said to myself.

"It was too easy. We got here way too easily. They practically let us get away. No. No, something's off." I said quietly. I knelt down in front of Aaron.

Something is wrong. I signed. He nodded quickly and began rapidly signing. I watched his hands intensely.

They are not human. They are rogue werewolves. They will kill the police. We have to call in the pack.

I winced but nodded. I picked up the phone and called Xavier all while watching the screen. He picked up almost immediately.

"What's going on? Are the police there? Are you hurt?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"We're fine. Look, Aaron said these guys aren't human. He said they're rogues. Whatever that means. He said you need to call the pack." I said all in one breath. He was silent.

"We'll be there in 10 minutes. Just...stay in the panic room. Okay?" He said finally.

"Okay. Okay." I said nervously. Then the line went dead.

"I love you." I whimpered burying my face in my hands.

It feels like everything is going to go to shit. And he can't stay on the phone long enough to say I love you. I winced as the door made a loud thump. I looked at the camera to see they were battering the door down. Shit.

I slumped down into the corner next to Aaron and linked our fingers together. We're going to be okay. We're going to be okay. I tried to chant but the door was bending in. I swallowed thickly and placed a hand protectively over my stomach. We're going to be okay. Suddenly the door was flying in and I shrieked loudly pushing my body in front of Aaron. I looked at them with tears in my eyes.

"What do you want?" I whispered. They smirked and wrenched me up. They were dragging me away as I kicked and screamed.

You're a Druid. Xaviers words echoed through my mind. I dead weighted and they dropped me in shock. I rolled away and Latin words rolled off my tounge as I cornered them. Suddenly hands were on me pulling me back.

"Expeliarmus" I screamed sending them flying away. (Harry Potter is life)

"Baby!" I heard Xavier yell. I stopped short and whipped around. Xavier was standing there in a state of shock and awe. I ran over and slammed our lips together.

"I fucking love you jerk." I said as we pulled apart. He laughed and hugged me tightly.

***

"You really tore those guys up babe." Alex said later when we were laying in bed. I laughed.

"I was scared shitless as soon as they got through that door. But then I remembered what you said. I'm a Druid. I'm powerful. I can do this." I said tracing circles on him. He kissed my head.

"Exactly. I love you." He said before we drifted off to sleep.