Chapter 5

It was now Tuesday and I was incredibly excited. Today was our Incredible Daves field trip. I organised it but this time instead of sitting on the sidelines, I was participating. Go me! I was giddy all morning. I hadn't seen the boys or Xavier all morning. They'd all been called down to the Office this morning and haven't been back. Speak of the devil.

"Melody can I speak to you for a moment?" Mr.Allen asked smiling. I nodded getting up and following him into the hallway. The boys, Landon and Xavier were standing there looking annoyed.

"So I just need some input from you." He explained. I nodded.

"What'd they do?" I asked confused.

"I was hoping you could tell me." He said carefully. I nodded slowly.

"Maybe. I don't know. It depends." I said slowly.

"So in homeroom which you all share, your teacher noticed some...flaws on the boys." He said carefully. I nodded.

"They noted that your brothers, Sam, and Xavier all had some bruised and raw knuckles." He said watching me closely. I nodded blankly.

"We also noticed some injuries on Mr.Wright and Mr.Hughes faces." He continued.

"Right. I was there when all that happened." I said cautiously.

"The boys tell me that Mr.Wright and Mr.Hughes fought quite violently at your home. Correct?" He confirmed. I nodded.

"Yeah. We threw a birthday party for my cat Finn and Landon showed up. He wasn't invited and we don't particularly like him. So when he refused to leave, Xavier tried to make him leave. Then they stood up and started fighting." I recalled.

"Right. That's what the boys said. Now, I forgot to ask, did anyone break up the fight?" He asked.

"My brother Marcus." I said immediately.

"Okay. So my main fear is that all the boys jumped in. Which would explain why they all have bruised knuckles. That means that they are all subject to legal consequences." He explained. My blood went cold and I felt myself pale.

"They claimed they didn't and that they all fought someone else on Saturday but refuse to tell me who due to the fact that it involves you." He said accusingly. I blanked.

"That's true." I said quietly.

"Who was it?" He asked immediately.

"He doesn't go here. He's not in school anymore." I said slowly.

"Who was it?" He repeated.

"His name is Erick." I said finally.

"Why did they fight him? That's illegal you know. To jump someone." He scolded. Tears sprung to my eyes and Xavier wrapped his arms around me.

"You don't have to tell him. It's personal. I'll take a punishment." He said firmly.

"Punishment could be jail due to the fact that you're all 18 now." Mr.Allen said glaring.

"We don't care." All the boys chorused.

"It's a personal matter and if she doesn't want to tell you, she shouldn't have to." Emrock snapped.

"No it's okay. I'll tell him." I said taking a deep breath.

"Why did they do it Melody?" He asked.

"Well, we'd gotten some people together to play Spin The Bottle including Erick. Xavier's brother. I had to kiss him but he got a little too into it. Then when he spun again later he landed on me again but we decided to end the game so I didn't have to kiss him. Then we started watching a movie. I fell asleep by Xavier and when I woke up I went to the bathroom. When I came out Erick was waiting." I said taking in a shaky breath. Mr.Allen had a nervous look on his face.