On Your Left

I got ready for going on a run with Steve. He was excited about having a running buddy. I had to laugh at that goofy smile of his. Washington D.C. is a nice place to go jogging. We ran past a tall man with dark skin.
"On your left" Steve said.
"On your right" I said as the man continues to jog me and Steve come around again quickly after doing another lap.
"On your left" Steve said.
"Uh-huh, on my left. Got it" the man said.
"On your right" I said smiling.
"Alright" I heard him say. As the man is still jogging me and Steve comes around again from behind him from another lap.
"Don't say it! Don't you say it!" He says.
"On your left!" Steve said trying to keep him self from laughing.
"Come on!" He yelled.
"On your right" I said laughing.
"I knew you'd be coming!" He yelled the man gets angry and tries to catch up to us but only after a few seconds he's unable to carry and stops to rest. As the man is resting catching his breath sitting by a tree me and Steve walks over to him.
"Need a medic?" I asked smiling, the man laughs.
"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran like thirteen miles in thirty minutes" he said.
"I guess I got a late start" Steve said.
"Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap" he said he hesitates for a moment before saying sarcastically, "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."
"What unit are you with?" Steve asked referring to his shirt.
"Fifty-eighth, Para-rescue. But now I'm working down at the VA. Sam Wilson" he introduced him self while Steve gives Sam a hand to rise.
"Steve Rogers" Steve said.
"Alena Odinson" I said smiling.
"I kind of put that together. Must have freaked you out coming home after the whole defrosting thing" Sam said.
"It takes some getting used to. It's good to meet you, Sam" Steve said as Steve turns to leave.
"It's your bed, right?" Sam asked.
"What's that?" Steve asked.
"Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there I sleep on the ground and used rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and It's like..." Sam said.
"Lying on a marshmallow. I feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor" Steve said Sam smiles and nods his head.
"How long?" Steve asked.
"Two tours. You must miss the good old days, huh?" Sam said.
"Well, things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up" Steve said.
"Marvin Gaye, 1972, "Trouble Man" soundtrack. Everything you've missed jammed into one album" Sam said.
"I'll put it on the list" Steve said as he gets his small notebook and pen out and notes it down on his list which also includes I Love Lucy; Moon Landing; Berlin Wall (Up + Down) Steve Jobs (Apple); Disco; Thai Food; Star Wars/Trek (with Star Wars crossed out, indicating that he has seen it); Nirvana (Band); Rocky (Rocky II?)
Steve gets the text message, "Mission alert. Extraction imminent. Meet at the curb. :)"
"Alright, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the run. If that's what you wanna call running" Steve said as they shake hands.
"Oh, that's how it is?" Sam asked.
"Oh, that's how it is" Steve said laughing. Sam laughs.
"Okay. Any time you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know" Sam said as he gives me a hand shake.
"I'll keep it in mind" Steve said.
"Okay" Sam said just then Natasha pulls up in her car by the curb and rolls down the window.
"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil" she said making me laugh.
"It's hilarious" Steve said as me and him walk over to her car and get in, Sam gives Natasha and her car an appreciative look.
"How you doing?" Sam asked as I got comfortable in the back seat.
"Hey" Nat said.
"You can't run everywhere" I said smiling.
"No, you can't" Sam said he watches as Natasha quickly pulls away and drives off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flying over the Indian Ocean the duo are with SHIELD agents, led by Brock Rumlow. I fix my black catsuit that looked just like Natasha's.
"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. It was sending up their last payload when pirates took them, ninety-three minutes ago" Rumlow said.
"Any demands?" I asked.
"A billion and a half" Rumlow answered.
"Why so steep?" Steve asked.
"Because it SHIELD's" Rumlow said.
"So it's not off course, it's trespass" I said.
"I'm sure they have a good reason" Natasha said.
"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor" Steve said.
"Relax, it's not that complicated" Natasha said.
"How many pirates?" I asked.
"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc" said Rumlow as he shows them a photo of Batroc on the monitor.
"Ex-TGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's "red notice". Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties" Rumlow said.
"Hostages?" Steve asked.
"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell" Rumlow said as he pulls up Sitwell's photo on the monitor.
"They're in the galley" he said.
"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc, Alena your with me. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to life pods. get 'em out. Let's go" Steve ordered.
"STRIKE, you heard the Captain. Gear up!" Rumlow said.
As we are getting ready to dive off the jet; Steve speaks into his radio.
"Secure channel seven" he said.
"Seven secure" Natasha said.
"You do anything fun Saturday night?" Natasha asked him.
"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really. Well I guess me and Alena are going to do some stuff on my list" he answered.
"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap" Rumlow said.
"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'll probably say yes" Natasha said making me smile.
"That's why I don't ask" Steve said.
"Too shy or too scared?" Natasha asked.
"Too busy!" Steve said as both me and him jump out of the jet. We climb onto the ship and Steve sneaks up behind a man and knocks him out. We then beat everyone on the deck swiftly before anyone raises the alarm when he's interrupted by one of the pirates pointing his gun at Steve and another pointing their gun at me.
"Don't move!" He said in French, then he's shot dead by Rumlow as he parachutes down onto the deck behind Steve and me. I grab the distracted pirate and grab his neck and light my hands on fire. After he's dead I drop him.
"Thanks" Steve said to Rumlow.
"Yeah. You seemed pretty helpless without me" Rumlow said as Natasha and another agent parachute down onto the deck to join us.
"What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice" Natasha said.
"Secure the engine room, then find me a date" Steve said.
"I'm multitasking" she said jumping over a railing. I smiled at Steve as we ran to an area.
"Radio Silence from SHIELD, Batroc" says a French pirate. Steve and watche them from the deck.
"Targets acquired" said a SHIELD agent in tp my ear piece.
"STRIKE in position" Rumlow said into the ear piece.
"Natasha, what's your status?" Steve asked into his radio.
"Status, Natasha?" I asked.
"Hang on!" She said then after hearing her knock someone out she answers..
"Engine room secure" she answered.
"On my mark. Three. Two. One" Steve said.
"Hello? Batroc, the line is dead. I lost contact with them" we heard a pirate say just then Steve smashes in through the window using his shield but Batroc manages to escape; to Steve as he goes looking for Batroc.
Hostages enroot to extraction. Romanoff missed the rendezvous point, Captain. Hostiles are still in play" Rumlow said.
"Natasha, Batroc's on the move. Circle back to Rumlow and protect the hostages" I said there's no reply from Natasha.
"Natasha!" Steve said suddenly Batroc attacks Steve and me, they fight on the deck of the ship, with Batroc getting quickly back up on his feet.
"I thought that you were more than just a mask" Batroc said in French. Steve puts the shield on his back and takes off his mask.
"Let's find out" Steve said in French we start fighting again, I grab ahold of Batroc's arm and burnt it ,Steve manages to finally knock Batroc down by smashing through into one of the rooms.
"Well, this is awkward" Natasha said as we both turned to see her downloading something on a computer.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into" Natasha said.
"Rumlow needed your help. What the hell are you doing here?" Steve said Steve goes over to Natasha and looks at what Natasha is backing up.
"You're saving SHIELD Intel" I said.
"Whatever I can get my hands on" she said.
"Our mission is to rescue hostages" Steve said.
"No. That's your mission" she said as she finishes backing up and pulls the flash drive out, "And you've done it beautifully." As Natasha goes to leave Steve grabs her arm.
"You just jeopardized this whole operation" Steve said.
"I think that's overstating things" Natasha said suddenly Batroc rises and throws a grenade at the three of us as he runs off, Steve deflects the bomb with his shield, grabs Natasha and me and jumps through a window before it explodes.
"Okay. That one's on me" Natasha said.
"You damn right" Steve said as Steve gets up and leaves in anger with me right behind him.