Chapter 1: A New Life

"The truth is I love being alive. And I love feeling free. So if I can't have those things then I feel like a caged animal and I'd rather not be in a cage. I'd rather be dead. And it's real simple. And I think that it's not that uncommon." Angelina Jolie

There was one thing on my mind on the plane ride with Justin. I was thinking about home. I was mainly thinking about my mother who was afraid of planes. I was thinking about her death. I didn't sleep because I was to busy thinking about how I was going to avenge her.

"We are here!" Justin said throwing his pillow at me.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"You looked like you were asleep." He said running off of the plane.

I slowly stood up and looked out the windows. There was an ocean to my left. To my right was a enormous building.

"What is this place?" I asked climbing
out of the plane.

"This is our own island. A island just for GEMS. With this land, we can have our own personal sanctuary. We won't have to worry about attacks because the people here have exceptional defensive powers." He said.

"Why did you bring me here? I don't want to be a part of your stupid island paradise." I said.

"You don't have a choice. I would help you escape, but you broke me, so I'm going to break you." He hissed.

"This is exactly why I chose Peter. You've changed Justin. Something is wrong." I said.

"I haven't changed at all. You are the one who has changed. My feelings for you have only grown stronger. You wouldn't know that though because you haven't spent any time with me since I left!" He yelled.

"At least I'm not trying to kill you." I mumbled.

"I heard that!" He said.

"Do I look like someone who cares?" I asked.

"No, you don't care. That is the whole
problem!" He said.

"Justin... you're acting strange, but I still care about you. I don't want you completely out of my life." I said.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll be around plenty." He said rudely and pulling me into the building.

I dropped the conversation and looked around. The walls had portraits of Melinda all across them. She was so beautiful.

"The Manipulator is waiting on you in his office. It is the room at the end of this hall." Justin said.

"Thank you." I said walking into the room.

"Hello Samantha." He said.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"I need your powers. You see, this island was made by a 13 year old boy named Sebastian. His powers are to weak to sustain it. I need you to secure the island every morning. Your other powers will be of good use too." He said.

"Why did you want Luke then?" I asked.

"I need to spend some quality time with my son." He said.

"What happens if I decided not to help you?" I asked.

"I have ways to force you to. Unlike John's plan to put a microchip in you brain, mine has a 100% chance of being successful." He said.

"Why should I believe you?" I asked.

"You don't have to, but when you disobey me, I will force you to kill every single one of your friends. Even Peter and Justin." He said in a firm voice.