Chapter 18: Fake

An entire week had gone by, and it felt like I was a puppet in the hands of The Dark Flame. I did what she wanted, said what she wanted, and acted the way she wanted. Jenny, Sebastian, Jonas, and Stephen were let out last week, and none of them were even suspicious of me anymore. I had to admit that she was a really good actress, but they were my friends, and Luke is my brother. They couldn't even sense that anything was wrong.

I had kissed William a nauseating 4 times over the course of the week. I visited my friends downstairs everyday, and I longed to actually talk to them. I couldn't though. I had been injected with the poison as I like to call it 7 times since I woke up, and it made me feel extremely dizzy. I just wanted to go back to normal, but I couldn't take over my own words without the necklace. I definitely couldn't do it with Bobby's blood in my system.

Justin and Peter's wounds looked worse every time I went to see them, and if I would of had control of my body, I would have cried at the sight of them.

I haven't been able to express my opinions to the Dark Flame either because she has been avoiding all mirrors. I wanted to punch her in the face, but that would involve me punching myself in the face. Although it would probably be worth it.

William was the worst part of this entire thing. I had to kiss him when all I wanted to do was scream at him. I wanted answers, but of course The Dark Flame didn't ask any questions. He had betrayed my trust and just left me wondering. His acting skills were frighteningly good, and it left me thinking that he could have faked our entire friendship for my father.

My father was almost as bad as William. He always asked The Dark Flame if she was alright or if she needed anything. It was ridiculous. He acted like she was the queen of everything. I wanted to punch him too.

So basically the week went by with me either wanting to hug or punch everyone. I wanted to be back to normal more than anything.

"Sam, can you let everyone else out already?" Jenny asked me. She had gotten over her sadness, and I was glad.

"No, I can't until they accept what we have to do. Peter and Justin will stay locked up until the day of my wedding." The Dark Flame said with my voice.

"That's not fair. I miss Justin. He was so fun!" She whined.

"It's better without them here anyways." William said. I wanted to punch him even more then.

"No, it's not. It's incredibly lonely. I stay in that house all day by myself." She said sadly.

"Ask Sebastian or someone to spend time with you." I said.

"Sam will you spend time with me?" She begged.

I rolled my eyes.

"Sure." I said. These kind of comments are the things that my friends should have picked up on, but did they: of course not.

"Yay! We can paint each other's nails, or play 20 Questions!" Jenny said happily.

I looked at William smiling at my pained expression.

"Or we could not do those things." I said.

"You're right. We should play dolls instead!" She said jumping up and down.

I followed her to the house, and we played dolls  for about an hour before The Dark Flame finally broke.