Chapter 15: Sweetheart, Did You Ever Doubt Me?

The Manipulator said that we could stay at his house until Luke's health increased, but we had to go back after a month at the most. I sent Stephen back to Texas to see his girlfriend Jess. I told him that he had to come back before we left, and he left as soon as he could. Justin was also gone. I didn't get to talk to him before he left. He just disappeared.

A week had gone by before Luke could get out of bed. Despite the fact that The Manipulator mailed me my necklace, Luke wouldn't let me heal him. He told me that the sooner he is healed, the sooner we will be going back to the island. Tension between Jonas, Sebastian, Jenny, and Kara were growing everyday. Kara obviously didn't care, but the others did.

I was given the opportunity to find Justin today when Claire, Peter, and William said they would look after Luke for me while I was gone.

I was getting a bag of my things together when Jonas walked in my room.

"Hey Jonas." I said.

"Sam, can I talk to you before you go?" He asked nervously.

I nodded and motioned for him to close the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Jenny, she obviously has some kind of crush on me or something." He said.

"Alright, so the problem is?" I asked.

"Sebastian told me when she first came that he had a huge crush on her." He said rubbing his eyes.

"I see, and how do you feel about her?" I asked.

"She's sweet, and she is really pretty. I just can't hurt my best friend like that though. This is the first crush he's had since you came here, and if we're going to be honest, everyone had a crush on you when you came here. I just want them both to be happy." He said honestly. My face turned bright red as he said the comment about me.

"I... I know what you mean." I said trying to clear my head, so I could think straight.

"I've been trying really hard to make it seem like I have this crush on Kara, so Jenny would stop thinking about me, but I think it's making her insecure. She's been changing herself. She's been wearing different clothes, saying things she would never say, and she's just all around acting like Kara to get my attention." He said sighing.

"I've been noticing that too. That's why I tried to talk to you about it earlier. Have you tried talking to Sebastian about it." I said.

"I can't." He said honestly.

"What about Jenny?" I asked.

"I really can't do that. That's why I'm talking to you now. I tried to fix things on my own, but I can't. I know you need to go find Justin, but maybe when you get back, you can help with this?" He asked.

"I promise, but don't let me forget about it because I might." I said.

He smiled. "I won't. Thank you Samantha." He said leaving the room.

I grabbed my necklace and put it around my neck.

"I'm going to find you." I said to a picture of me and Justin from the day of The Manipulator's party.

I walked out of the room, and I walked up to Luke.

"Be careful while I'm gone." I said to him kissing his cheek.

"Be careful while you're gone. Make sure to shape shift before you leave. Don't let anyone know who you are." He said.

"I won't. Love you Luke!" I said.