Chapter 16: Always

QUICK RECAP:

"Welcome home my daughter!" The Manipulator said happily.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"I know we have both had our differences, but you are my child. I have all of the authority over you. I need you to remember that. Go ahead William!" The Manipulator said smiling.

William walked into the room with an apologetic look on his face. He got down on one knee and left me speechless. He pulled out a small box and opened it.

"Samantha Gram-Roberts, will you do me the greatest honor of marrying me?"

-----------------------------------------------------

I looked from William to The Manipulator to Justin to Peter.

"I mean this in the politest way I possibly can when I say no. I will not marry William." I said crossing my arms across my chest.

"No? You can't say no. I need this." The Manipulator said.

"It's not about what you need! This is my life your... manipulating!" I yelled.

"I am your father, and it is my job to help you make wise decisions." He said.

"Again, I say this in the nicest way possible, but I don't love William. I'm in love with Justin, and I don't understand why you can't comprehend that." I said.

"Justin isn't good enough for you. He's too opinionated." He said.

"You're wrong." I said scowling.

"No, you are wrong. You think you're in love with him, but you don't know what love is. Your idea of love is a silly infatuation with someone that could never last." He spit.

"My mother wouldn't want her daughter to be married to someone that she didn't love." I said.

"You don't know that. You never met her." He screamed.

"I did, and I think she would hate this idea of yours." Luke said from the couch.

"You have no right to speak out against me again son." My father said angrily.

Luke stood up. Dave must have healed him while I was away because he was back to his normal self.

"I think you all need to come back to the island where you can learn your manners and compliance skills." The Manipulator said after a short moment of silence.

"Stephen is in Texas though." William said.

"I knew someone was missing from our little group. Thank you William. I will send someone to retrieve him. I'm glad that you'll soon be my son in-law. You know how to be respectful." My father said.

"I ask again. Samantha will you marry me?" William asked in an unsure tone of voice.

"I... I guess." I said sadly. He put the ring on my finger, and I winced. It was beautiful, and it had my birthstone, opal, in it, but I wish it didn't mean marriage.