Chapter 17: Poisoned

By the next morning, I was smiling every minute of the day. Everyone seemed to notice my change in behavior from yesterday, but I couldn't help being happy. I was going to get off of the island, and that was all it would take for me to be happy.

I saw Justin in the cafeteria for breakfast, and it took all of my strength not to wrap my arms around him in a hug.

"You might want to tone down your excitement. People are staring at you." He said in a laughing tone.

"I don't care. Let them stare at me." I said smiling even wider.

When William came up, I decided to put on a show.

I put my arms around him in a hug, and I kissed his cheek still smiling.

"What was that for?" He asked his smile matching mine.

"I missed you." I said honestly. I might not have wanted to marry William, but he was still my close friend.

"Well, I missed you too." He said. We sat down across from Claire and Justin.

I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable. They're staring, so I thought I would satisfy them one last time before we go. I did miss you though." I whispered to where he would only hear.

He put his arm around me.

"That's a good idea." He said.

Justin's face was tinted with rage. He was hiding it well, but I could see it.

"Justin, don't forget what we talked about." I said calmly in his mind.

"This is making it feel more real." He said sadly in his head.

"It's not real. It's fake. The whole wedding thing won't happen." I said confidently.

"You're right. I'm sorry for doubting our plan." He said.

I smiled and ate my breakfast calmly. After breakfast, we left one by one to go to the girl's house. William and I were the last two of our group to leave.

"I'm glad you're doing this with us." I said quietly.

"Me too." He said in a distant tone of voice. I wanted to ask him if he was alright, but I left him alone.

We walked to the house, and we saw all of our friends.

"Okay, now let's get started." Peter said confidently. He was obviously going to lead our escape.

"Now, we all want to get off of this island. All of us have a specific reason. We have to all be here for each other. If one of us are left alone, the others should go retrieve them. We all have to work together for us to be successful. All of us are needed for this to work.

Right after we have dinner, we will all make our way down to the plane holding room. This is when our plan gets difficult. Jonas, we will need you to use your power of changing your eyes to enter the room. Then the security will be alerted that the room was open. Justin and Luke will work together to freeze or burn the security cameras. Kara, you will persuade the guards to let us pass. Sebastian, Sam, William, and I will try to figure out the plane's instructions to get the doors open. That shouldn't take too long.

While we are doing that Stephen, Claire, Jenny, Luke, and Justin will be our defense in case it is needed. Once we all get on the plane, we will have enough telekinetic power that we shouldn't have a problem from that point on. Dave, this is when you will heal any wounds that anyone might acquire." Peter said quickly giving everyone their jobs.