Chapter 14: Kingdom Come

I woke up the second time to Justin's voice.

"Sam, you need to wake up." He said softly.

I slowly and weakly sat up.

"Are you going to be okay today? Because right now, you do not look too good." He said calmly.

"I'm fine. I just can't use my powers. I would also rather not speak." I said rubbing my eyes.

"You can request that to your father, but you know what he wants you to do." Justin said.

"That's not fair!" I said sadly.

"If you need me too, I can talk to him about it. I'll ask if you can stay here and rest because you're not feeling well." Justin said.

"Thank you!" I said wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"Rest for a few more minutes. I will ask him." He said lightly kissing my forehead.

"I love you." I said quietly.

"I love you too." He said standing and walking out of the room.

I slowly lied down and closed my eyes.

My heart was beating out of my chest, and I felt nauseous.

I lied there for a while, but I couldn't sit still. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face with the water. I sat in the cold air and waited for a while.

I heard a light knock on the door.

"Sam?" A quiet voice said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Your father and Justin are arguing. It seems intense." Jenny said looking nervous.

I opened the door.

"Where are they?" I asked hurriedly.

"They're in the living room. Everyone else went outside because that's what your father said to do, but Justin went to talk to him, and now he's angry." She said quickly.

"You should go outside with everyone else. I'll see what's going on, and then I'll tell you as soon as I know." I said to her.

I walked slowly into the living room.

I heard screaming.

"You do not tell me what I should be doing! Do you have any kids? No! You don't know anything! You think you love her, but you don't! You can't love her because she can't love anyone!" The Manipulator yelled.

"I love her more than you do! You are just using her for her powers! She's not feeling well at all, and you want her to just walk up onto a federal stage and make a speech with you! She could be hurt!" Justin yelled back.

"You aren't worried about her getting hurt. You are worried about her hurting others. Justin, listen to me, leave her alone. It's for your own good." The Manipulator said to him.

"I can't. I'm in love with her, and I can't let you hurt her." Justin said strongly. 

"Then you will do what I say for her. Tell her that she has to come, and she has to make a speech. She can come back and rest for a while afterwards, but she has to go." He said.

I walked in there.

"You do not have any say in who I love. I love Justin, and I don't care what you think you know because you're wrong! You also do not have the right to make him do things for you! I'm feeling much better recently, so I will be going to the Conference, but I will not be using my powers, so we need to be leaving once I finish getting ready." I said walking away from both of them and going into the bathroom to change.