Chapter 23

I told Shawn and Taylor everything that happened right away. They said that I need to talk to Bart before she does. I'm waiting for the elevator because I can't risk the stairs with Logan, Brett, and Whitney. Should I go talk to Bart before Rae? Maybe I'll change his mind on whatever he's going to do. I better go quickly though. I bet Rae is already on her way.

********************************************

I've been sitting across from Bart's office for eighteen minutes and counting. I just texted the gang and they're all on their way down. What is happening in there? Where are Brett, Whitney, and Logan? They didn't make it down by stairs that fast. I heard the doorway to the stairs latch open. "Nash!" Cameron shouted running toward me. I stood up to meet him face to face.

"I've been waiting for nineteen minutes now, so she's probably been in there for twenty-two minutes with Bart."

"What," he said with a panicked look, "Why?"

"I think it has something to do with her freakout the other day."

The elevator down the hall dinged. "Where's Rae!?" Macy asked with everyone else behind her.

"She's in the office talking to Bart about who knows what!" Cameron said starting the pace back and fourth. Everyone started freaking out, asking millions of questions. I couldn't take it.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I shouted. They all froze and looked at me. "Does anybody know for sure what she's doing in there?" Nobody moved, they just stood there.

"Oh Nash, I think you know," someone said behind me. I turned to see the enemies walking toward us. Whitney in the middle twirling her hair. They went walking by to Brett's little office. Yeah, that spoiled kid has an office because he also runs Magcon.

"I just want to strangle her!" Macy exclaimed.

"Join the club," I mumbled rubbing my hand through my hair. Wow, I need a haircut.

*Rae's P.O.V* *2 Minutes Earlier*

"After about fifteen minutes of reading your entire contract, you probably understand what's going to happen next." Bart said, even though he didn't read it, some other guy did.

"Not exactly, I got bored within two minutes of it, and started to think about some Vine ideas I have for me and the boys."

"So I hired this lawyer to come in and read this to you for nothing?" He asked starting to look angry.

"Yep!" I said smiling.

"Okay, then this is going to be a lot easier than I thought."

My stomach tightened, "What's going to be easier?"

"You're fired."

Did anybody else hear that crack, because it was my heart. "You can't fire me! I'm the reason this is happening again! If it wasn't for me, none of the boys would have shown up, and you'd be broke!"

"Actually, I can fire you. The boys signed with a year contract that they can't get out of this time," he said sitting back in his seat smiling, "however, you only signed a contract that would give you fair pay, but never mentioned how long you're here for."

"The boys will find a way out," I said crossing my arms."

"Then I'll sue, and get more money," he said with a smirk on his face.

"I can't believe I thought that you changed," I said shaking my head in disbelief.

"Frankly, neither can I," he said chuckling, "Now get out of my office, you're plane leaves in two hours, there's a ticket for your friend too."

"You're getting rid of Macy too?"

"I don't need her," he said.

"Yes you do! The fans love her!"

"No, they love that she's dating Matt. As long as I have Matt, nothing will change, the usual number of fans will continue to come to each show."

"You're not going to get away with this," I said standing up and turning toward the door.

"I think I am," he said before I charged out the door and slammed it behind me. I closed my eyes, but tears seeped through them. I leaned against the door, how am I going to tell Nash? I felt warm arms wrap around me.

"We're gonna figure this out," Nash's voice said.

Another pair of arms wrapped around me. "Together," Cameron said. I stood up and wrapped my arms around them in a hug.

"Bart's going down this time," Hayes said with everyone else agreeing, getting into a group hug.

I smiled and looked up to everyone, with Nash and Cam by my side. "I love you guys."

"Let's go get you packed before Bart's minions do," Nash said taking my hand and interlocking our fingers.

"He's kicking Macy out too," I said stopping in the middle of our tracks to the elevator.

"What?" Matt asked looking broken as ever.

"He wants Macy and me gone. All he wanted was you guys, and he got it," I said tearing up again, "Now he wants us gone."

"I just can't believe we fell for his trick," Nash said shaking his head.

"Again," Taylor said adding on to Nash's sentence.

"It's all my fault, and I'm sorry for that. I need to leave," I said letting go of Nash and running up to the room to grab my things. I need to get out of here.

Vote & Comment