Chapter 35

*Nash's P.O.V*

"LET'S GO PEOPLE!!" Cameron shouted.

"Remind me again why I agreed to us taking a taxi. Stop yelling, you're just scaring the driver."

"What? I want to watch my sister walk across that stage and get her diploma. I'm not missing this," Cameron said.

"I know. And trust me, we'll get there, the school is only ten minutes away," I said trying to calm him down.

"THE CEREMONY STARTS IN EIGHT MINUTES!"

"I KNOW!"

"Sorry boys, traffic is backed up quite a bit, there is a crash about half a mile up, and it doesn't look like we'll be moving anytime soon," the taxi driver said opening up the little window between us and him.

"That's it," Cameron said as he reached in his bag pulling out a wad of cash, a piece of paper, and a pen. "Sir, here's a large amount of money, that'll pay for the drive and the rest is for you to keep as long as you deliver our luggage to this address," he said handing the guy the cash, and paper with his address on it. "Nash, get your phone and wallet, we're going to go for a nice ride."

I did as so. Cameron was up talking to the guy in the car ahead of us which had two bikes on it. Cameron handed another wad of cash then grabbed the bikes off of the car. I ran up to him and he gave me a bike. "Thank you!" Cameron said as he got on the bike. I just followed what he was doing.

"SEVEN MINUTES!" Cameron shouted.

"THEN HURRY UP AND PEDDLE!"

*Rae's P.O.V*

We were lined up and ready to go. I could see Mom and Sierra through the window to the gym. No Nash or Cameron though. They can't miss this.

*Nash's P.O.V*

"TWO MINUTES!" I shouted up to Cameron.

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE! JUST A FEW MORE BLOCKS!"

I could see the school in the distance. My legs hurt. We could probably beat Lance Armstrong at this rate. And the guy had steroids in him.

We approached the school and cut through the parking lot. "Don't worry Rae, we're here." I said to myself.

We dropped the bikes and started running. "We just have to get to the other side of the school!" Cameron shouts.

"We're gonna make it!" I say as we open the doors and see the empty dark halls.

We stop at an intersection, "What way?"

"Um," Cameron said looking back and fourth between the two choices.

"Are you kidding me!? You went to school here?!"

"I know where I'm going!" Cam said, still debating which way to go.

*Rae's P.O.V*

I can hear the band warming up with a scale before they play. Where are they? They should be here by now.

I looked back to Macy and she's laughing, looking toward the hallway. I walked back to her view and saw two boys running as fast as they can. Oh my gosh! It's them! They're here! They're actually here!

"Told you I knew which way we were going," Cam said to Nash then gave me a hug. He let go of me and hugged Macy.

"Get in there it's about to start!" I said to them.

"Just let me do one thing first," Nash said grabbing me and pulling me close. He took control and smashed our lips together. There we some "oooos" around us.

We pulled back. "What was that for?"

"I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I'm so proud of all that you've done."

"I love you too." And that's when the band began Pomp and Circumstance. "That's my cue," I said smiling.

"Go on," he said gently pushing me away.

Vote & Comment