Chapter 29

*Rae's P.O.V*

We were in a small conference room with a table and chairs.

"This is ridiculous!" I shouted standing up and banging my hand on the table in front of me, "there is no reason why we have to be here."

"I don't make the rules sweetheart," Brett said smiling.

"Fine," I said, "Where's Bart?"

"Giving a pep talk to his performers," Brett said.

"Oh yeah! Well I can assure you that those performers of yours won't be back after this show! You'll go broke!"

"We've already been told that once before," Brett said walking over to the door, "And look what happened after that."

He left us in the room. I'm pacing back and fourth while Macy is just patiently sitting in her seat, leaning against the table. This is very typical.

One time freshman year we were blamed for pulling the fire alarm. When we were waiting in the principals office, I was freaking out pacing around the room while Macy sat quietly in her seat. We ended up not guilty and our principal gave us a free skip day of school. I carried my skip day to the beginning of 10th grade, used it three weeks into the new school year because I didn't want to do a live dissection in Biology. Oddly enough, that skip day was the day I started vining.

"Okay," Macy started, "They legally can't keep us here if we didn't do anything wrong."

"And we haven't!" I added.

"On the bright side, if they try keeping us, we can sue and get all of your brothers money back from a couple years ago," Macy said slightly laughing at the end. I glared at her.

"This is bullshit."

"I couldn't agree more," an annoying familiar voice said from the door.

"What do you want from us!?" I asked getting snippy to the one and only Bart Bordelon.

"Nothing," he said sitting down and motioning me to sit on the chair across from him and next to Macy.

"Then why are we here?" Macy asked.

"Because I don't need you two distracting my performers."

"We got those tickets fair and square!"

"Yes," he said, "but I know that you'll mess up my final show."

"All I want to do is see my boyfriend!" I said starting to raise my voice.

"And you will, just probably not for a while. Maybe after the show, we'll see," he said grinning.

"Oh, fuck you Bart!"

"Still a little hot head, I see."

"Still a giant douche bag, I see," I fired back.

"I actually liked you for a little bit Rae. You know, when you were young, gullible, and actually thought my son liked you for who you were." My fist tightened. Bart chuckled, "I can't believe you thought Brett actually liked you. I have to admit, he probably was physically attracted to you, but definitely not emotionally. He knew that you'd be an easy way to money. I'm pretty proud of that boy, I raised him myself you know."

I'm ready to jump at the guy. "Rae calm down, he's just trying to get to you," Macy said.

"Wow, your friend is smart Rae," Bart said then checked his watch, "I have to go, shows about to begin."

"I can't wait to take your money."

"I'd like to see you try," he said leaving the room. Then once he shut the door there was a click as if he locked it.

"Damnit!" I shouted hitting my fist to the table again.

"We got to get out of here," Macy said rocking back and fourth in her seat. I looked around the room and saw a giant book shelf that wasn't fully up against the wall. I walked over to it, and saw an outline of the door. I smiled. "What?" Macy asked.

I chuckled, "Bart's an idiot."

*Nash's P.O.V*

We did our ritual chant, then we're ready to go on stage. They were announcing names one by one, I was going to be last after Cameron. "Is she out there?" I asked Cameron.

"Listen, it was supposed to be a surprise," he said smiling.

I got really excited, but something didn't feel right. "Do you think she was the unwanted fan?"

Cameron thought it over, "Nah bro, I doubt she did anything wrong. It was probably just a hater threatening to hurt one of us."

I nodded my head, the original crew started to be called. The fans were getting louder and louder. Rae better be one of those girls screaming, or we're going to have some problems.

*Rae's P.O.V*

We got the book shelf out of the way, and next was picking the lock to this door. I would try to pick the lock to the other door, but I know for a fact that Bart left security by it. Give me a bobby pin! I said reaching my hand out to Macy, and she pulled one out from her hair.

I stuck it into the key hole and started moving it around. After a minute I finally heard a click. I put the bobby pin in my pocket, then slowly opened the door.

I creeped my head through to see if anyone was in there. To our luck it was dark, so the room was empty. "What's next? Go out the main hall door and let security catch us?"

"I don't know, let's come up with something in the other room," I said opening the door and walking through it, then closing it once Macy came in.

"Rae," Macy said, "do you think this is the crew's room?"

"There's no way," I said starting to turn around, "we would've heard them-" I stopped to see the place slightly trashed and food on the tables.

"Man, these walls must be thick," Macy said.

Vote & Comment