Chapter 37

"Congrats little sis!" Cameron said wrapping his arms around me for a hug.

"Thanks Cam," I said, "can ya let me go?"

"No."

"Fine then," I said then pinched him.

"Ow!" he said letting go of me. I turned to Nash and hugged him.

"Congrats, I'm so proud of you," he said kissing my forehead.

"I love you," I said squeezing him tight.

Then I moved onto Mom, then Sierra. I can't believe this. I finally did it. I'm finally done, well, I'm finally done at Chino. Now I'm moving on to L.A. I'll be near Nash and Cam. I'll be playing college softball, studying, and keeping my social media alive. Oh wow, that is quite a lot. Don't freak out. Don't freak out. Breathe. Wait to freak out. Just wait.

"Let's go out for dinner!" Sierra said, "as a family."

I smiled an nodded then looked toward Nash. He gave me a look as if he could tell something was wrong.

********************************************

We pulled into the driveway after a long night of being together. Reminiscing over the good old times when we were little kids. I got out of the car and brushed my hands through my hair. "Hey, I'm going to go take a shower," I said to everyone.

"Nash and I will be in the basement," Cameron said. I smiled and nodded toward them. Now is a good time for me to freak out about what is about to happen with my life.

*Nash's P.O.V*

We both walked down to the basement and plopped on the couch. We both pulled out our phones to our notifications.

"Hey, Nash?"

"What's up?" I asked scrolling through twitter.

"Do you ever think about marrying Rae?"

I shut my phone off and sat up. "All the time." He nodded and looked down. "What's wrong?"

"I've been thinking." he said pulling a little black box out of is jacket pocket.

"Is that what I think it is for who I think it is?" I asked looking up at him.

He chuckled, "Yeah. I've been thinking about proposing to Paige. She's my everything. I had a dream quite a few weeks ago of me and Paige living in this beautiful house. We were in a nursery for what was soon to be a baby boy. When I woke up, I was filled with joy from the idea of living the rest of my life with her and that soon to be child of ours. I haven't been able to forget it."

"Which lead you to buying a ring?" I asked happy for him.

"Yeah." he said opening the box to a huge and sparkly ring on the inside.

"Wow, I don't know how she could say no to that."

"Is it too much? I knew it. I should have gone with the other one!" he said starting to freak out.

"No! No! It's perfect!" I said calming him down. "When are you going to ask her?"

"I don't know. I'm too nervous." he said closing the box and putting it back in his pocket.

"You just gotta do it bro."

He took in a deep breath. "You're right," he said standing up, "I've just gotta do it." He started walking toward the stairs.

"Wait! You're going right now!?" I asked standing up.

"Yep!" he said as he bolted up the stairs and out the door.

I ran into Rae's room. She just had a sports bra and nike shorts on. She is looking good, like really good. FOCUS NASH. "Rae! We gotta go! You gotta see this!" I said grabbing her hand, dragging her out of her room. I grabbed her UCLA sweatshirt by the door and we got in my car.

"Where are we going?" she asked pulling on the sweatshirt.

"Just wait," I said backing out of the drive way and heading to Paige's house. "And you're taking that off right once we get back." I said winking.

"Haha okay babe," she said smiling.

We pulled up to the curb. Cameron was just walking up to the door and knocked on it. Paige's dad opened it. "Why are we at Paige's? Is that Cameron? Why did we follow him? He's probably just staying the night."

"Just wait," I said watching Cameron and Paige's dad. They both smiled and shook hands, then Paige's dad closed the door and Cameron stood there waiting. The door opened a minute later with Paige behind it. She was wearing her PJs. Cameron pulled her outside holding both of her hands, said a few words, then got down on one knee. He pulled the ring out of his pocket and opened it.

"Oh my gosh," Rae said with a smile on her face.

"I know," I said turning back to watch Cameron and Paige. Paige had a huge smile on her face and waited to Cameron to finish his proposal before she blurted out the word 'yes'.

I then turned to Rae and said, "I'm going to do that to you some day."

Vote & Comment