Chapter One

Feliciano Vargas loved helping his caretaker, Roderich. Roderich was nice, but Feliciano would normally hang out with Roderich's wife, Elizaveta. They lived in a small town in The Netherlands, because his family fled Italy when he was younger, due to poor living conditions. Feliciano was put under the care of Roderich until his brothers return.

On this particular afternoon, Feliciano was out buying groceries for Roderich, but he easily got lost. He held up the grocery list to see where Roderich had told him to go, and then made a left on a somewhat busy street. He wove around the crowds of people and eventually made it to the stand he was looking for. He stood on his tip-toes and peeked over the counter, there was a tall man that looked back down on him. Feliciano thought he was very intimidating.

"U-um, I was sent by Roderich Edelstein." Feliciano managed. The man smiled at him, "And what for?" He asked.
"W-well, um." Feliciano reached up and put the grocery list on the counter, "He wanted to get these." He replied.
The man carefully took the grocery list, and read it precisely. "Could you wait five minutes while I get your food together, you'll need some help." The man finally said. "Yes, that will be fine." Feliciano then placed the money Roderich gave to him on the a, and then sat on a nearby bench.

***

Ludwig Bielschmidt was very satisfied with his purchases at the local book store that day, and was considering reading them now, instead of waiting until he got home. He had gotten all sorts of books, most of them on history and geography, and was exited to see what they had to say.

Ludwig sat down on a bench and carefully pulled out a book on geography. He flipped through the pages until he found what he was looking for, America.

Ludwig wanted more than anything than to move to America, his older brother Gilbert would tell him stories about New York and the Statue of Liberty. Hopefully, one day they could move to America, the new world, and have a better life. A life where you could easily find a job and a home, and a life where everyone is welcome.

He flipped through the pages and found a picture of the Statue of Liberty, he stared at it for a minute, and decided once Gilbert came back home he would show it to him.

Ludwig had no idea where Gilbert was. About a week and a half ago, Gilbert had told Ludwig that he would have to leave for a while. Gilbert said that Ludwig should go to someone named Roderich to stay with until Gilbert comes back. Ludwig didn't know where this Roderich man was, he was more worried about where his brother was and why he left.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Well, that's the end of chapter one for now, I'm sorry it's so short! I plan on continuing this, so I hope you like it!