Chapter Eight

Ludwig paced back a forth across his room. What would he tell Feli? That he was leaving? Who would he bring with him? He looked at the two tickets that were on his nightstand. He look up at the clock, 12:30. Feli would be home in an hour. Ludwig had an hour to decide what he was going to do. There wasn't enough time. He would have to leave his first friend behind.

Ludwig was so scared, how would Feli react? Would he be angry? Would he cry? Would he be happy? Ludwig was so stressed out, he didn't know what to do.

Gilbert wasn't home. The boat would leave in five months. How would he even get to the boat without Gilbert? There were so many risks to this.

After a while of thinking, Ludwig knew what to do. He knew what he was going to say to Feli. He knew who he was going to take to the new world.

***

Feli, meet me at the special spot. -Ludwig

Feli had found this note on the door, and he had no idea why. He took the note, and walked to the " special spot" only to see Ludwig looking very distressed and anxious.
"Ludwig? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Feli asked, he was very worried about his friend.
"Ah, Feli you're here." Ludwig looked up at Feli and smiled.
"Ludwig? Are you okay?" Feli asked, Ludwig looked very sad.
"Feli, I need to talk to you." Ludwig said. Feli was scared, he looked very serious and angry.
Oh no Feli thought he wants to talk to me? Does he not want to be friends anymore? Am I too annoying? Why does he look angry? Did I do something wrong?
"Feli, today I was given something very valuable and special." Ludwig said.
Something valuable? Something special? Does he like it better than me? Is he going to leave?
Ludwig reached into his pocket and pulled out two small slips of paper.
"I was given two tickets to America."
America. The new world. He is going to leave.
Feli looked like he was about to cry. Ludwig was his only friend.
"And I was wondering....do you want to come to the new world with me?"