Chapter Twelve

After maybe a month of planning and saving money together, Ludwig and Feli decided that they were ready to go shopping in town. The weather was different from what it was when they first met, the chilly December air was much more harsh than the warm October breezes. They had decided that Ludwig would take care of the food shopping while Feli would take care of the clothing and essentials, they each had their own list to look at.

***

Ludwig looked down at his list, there were only a few things on it, but it still felt like a lot to do. Ludwig looked down at his list again, glad he didn't have as much to worry about as Feli did.

- canned goods
- wash towels
- two mess kits
- kettle

Ludwig glanced at the list once more, and then began to look for what he and Feli would need.

***

Feli had a long list to complete, but that was okay with him, he had no problems taking a break and wondering around town for the day. Feli wished Ludwig would have made these plans sooner, though. So he wouldn't have to walk around in the frosty December weather. Christmas would be coming soon, so he wanted to buy something for Ludwig again, but there were priorities to take care of first. He looked down at the the long list.

- blankets
- duffle bags
- jackets
- mittens/hats/ scarves
- splitting hatchet
- Swiss Army knives
- journal
- camera film
- lanterns
- lamp oil
- matches
- sewing kit

This may not seem like a lot, but Feli would tend to wander around for a little bit. Ludwig said that Feli would only need to take care of a few things and that he would help Feli with the rest. But Feli still felt a little overwhelmed. But despite his anxious feelings, he went on his way looking for some of the things they may need.

***

Ludwig had found of everything he had needed to buy without a problem, but still felt the urge to walk around and see what he could find. He was looking around when something caught his eye.

Ludwig walked over to a package of multiple things, cold press watercolor paper, watercolor tubes, watercolor tray, mixing tray, and all kinds of different brushes with soft gray hairs. Ludwig gawked at what he just found. "Excuse me, sir. How much is this?" He asked the store clerk. "Huh? Oh, that belonged to my son in law. You can have it, who has use for it anyways? Heh." Ludwig didn't believe what he was hearing. "Really? Free?" The older man grunted, "yeah, free! What are you, deaf?" Ludwig blinked "um, thank you, sir." And took it and carefully placed it in his bag, he knew Feli would take a while to get done with shopping, so he ran home and put it under his bed.
Feli would love this for sure.

____________________________________________________________
Wow, this is even shittier than chapter ten. I never thought I could do this horribly, oh well.