Chapter Three

It had been maybe a month since Ludwig had first come to Roderich's house, and Feliciano was doing his best to avoid him. Why? Well first of all, he was really, really scary. He would only sit in his room all day and read and he never really talked. Second of all, he didn't really seem like he wanted to be friends with Feliciano, so Feli kept his distance.

Feliciano had gotten all of his chores done and decided to go to his special place, Which he told no one about. So he went to his room, got his sketchbook and pencils, and walked out to the parlour. Ludwig was sitting on a chair reading a big book, and Feliciano left the room without even addressing him.

Ludwig raised an eyebrow at Feliciano, who had just entered the room, he had some sort of book in his hand, and his other hand in the pocket of his coat. Feliciano left the room without a word, and didn't seem like his normal, cheerful self. "Hey, where do you-" Ludwig attempted to ask Feliciano where he was going, but Feliciano left before he could hear Ludwig. Ludwig glared at the closed door and got out of the chair, set his book down, and went to ask Feliciano where on earth he thought he was going. 

By the time Ludwig made it out of the front door, Feli was almost at the end of the crowded street. Ludwig ran to catch up with him, but got lost in the busy street. Ludwig ran to the street Feli would most likely be on, and saw Feli heading out of town, towards the fields. What does he think he is doing? Why is he heading out of town? Ludwig was befuddled, but attempted to weave through the vast sea of people.

By the time Ludwig was headed towards the fields, Feli was no where to be seen. After about fifteen minutes of walking along the dirt road he found a little patch of trees, and he saw Feli walking through two trees. Ludwig went off of the road and onto the field and followed Feli from a distance. After the thick treeline, there was a field of wheat surrounded by trees, with one stone cottage in the middle. Instead of going into the cottage, like a normal human being, Feli sat down about a hundred feet away from the cottage, and pulled out his blank book, and a pencil.

Ludwig decided to approach Feli calmly and quietly. He walked across this rather large field for a few moments before approaching Feli from behind. "What are you doing?" Ludwig finally asked. Feli jumped and let out an ear-splitting scream. "UWWWAAAHHHH! You scared me!" Feli yelled. Ludwig knit his eyebrows into a scowl, "I don't think you are supposed to be here. And that doesn't answer my question, what are you doing?" Ludwig pointed down to the blank book that was now on the ground. "I- I was-" Ludwig picked up the book and started to flip through the pages, "hey! I didn't say you could touch that!" Feli cried "it's special to me so please give it back." There were many sketches of different things, like a basket of fruit, some trees, a house, a windmill, a basket of bread, a teaset, and many other every day things. "Did you draw this?" Ludwig asked. "Yes, it's what I do on my free time." Feli replied. "They are very good, you should be an artist." Ludwig was looking at a self portrait of Feliciano. "I am an artist. And can you please give my sketchbook back? This was supposed to be my alone time." Ludwig closed the sketchbook and handed it to Feli.

Ludwig still thought it was weird for Feli to be out alone like this, and it was getting late. "Don't you think we should be heading home?" Ludwig asked, "it's getting late." Ludwig pointed to the setting sun, Feli looked at it, and then muttered "maybe I should paint a sunset..." Ludwig lifted an eyebrow, "what?" Feliciano looked at Ludwig, "it's nothing, just an idea." He said, Feli then flipped to the very back page of his sketchbook and wrote "paint a colourful sunset." on what looked like a to-do list. "Do you even have paint?" Ludwig asked. "No, but I might get some when I'm older, when I get a job."
Feli replied. How is Feli supposed to paint a sunset without paint and canvas? Ludwig thought. They walked back home in silence,  Feli is a very strange person. Ludwig thought.