Chapter Two

After about a week of procrastinating, Ludwig finally decided to go and find Roderich. One, because Ludwig couldn't live on apple cake until Gilbert gets home. And two, he was really bored.

He found a note on the inside of his bedroom door that Gilbert had left there. It had directions to Roderich's house, and what to bring. It also said that Roderich has a lot of books on history and America, that is what motivated Ludwig to finally go there.

Ludwig packed everything he needed and added a few of his books to his bag, took some extra cans of food, and left. He wove through the twisting streets for about ten minutes until he came to his destination, a music shop. Ludwig reluctantly knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

After about two minutes of standing there awkwardly, the door flew open and Ludwig was almost knocked to the ground. He regained his balance and looked up to see a small Italian boy, maybe a year or two younger than him, wearing a cap that looked like it was white at some point but now was a shade of beige, a green coat made of a scratchy material, a white button-up shirt, a pair of black shorts, and a pair of boots that looked like they were two sizes too big.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!" the boy cried. "I'm sorry! Please don't hit me!" This boy looked very strange, he has this weird curl of hair that just stayed up. Ludwig sighed, "it's okay." The Italian boy beamed "Good! I thought you were mean at first, silly me."
Ludwig cleared his throat, "Is this the residence of Roderich Edelstein?" He finally asked. The boy nodded, "I'll go get him, come in." The boy motioned for Ludwig to come inside. "I'll be right back." The boy said, and then he walked up a flight of stairs and Ludwig heard some distant voices, but didn't make out any words.

Ludwig looked at all the instruments in the shop. There were assortments of instruments on the walls, French horns, guitars, trumpets, violins, and one grand piano by the window.

Roderich and the Italian boy then came down the stairs and greeted Ludwig. "Hello, Ludwig. So you'll be staying at my house until your brother comes home?" Ludwig handed Roderich the note that was given to him by Gilbert. Roderich read it carefully and nodded, "I see..." He finally said after a few long moments, "Feliciano is in the same case as you are." He gestured over to the Italian boy who was now reading another paper that Roderich had given to him. "Go on now, Feliciano. Don't wander around, it's not safe to be out after dark." Roderich said. Feliciano nodded and then walked out the door, "He is just going to go run some errands for my wife, Elizaveta. She likes to sew, and needs some new fabric." Ludwig nodded. How strange Ludwig thought.