Chapter Nine

Tears were rolling down Feli's face. "Ludwig I-"
"Take it." Ludwig ordered "I want you to take this ticket and come to the new world with me."
"Ludwig I can't." Feli said "I can't take it, I'm still waiting for my brothers and-"
"Your brothers aren't going to come home!" Ludwig yelled "they probably took a boat to America too! They probably left you here."
Feli wanted to cry "that's not true." Feli sniffled "that's not true and I know it because my brothers love me-"
"How long has it been, Feli?" Ludwig asked "how long has it been since they left you with Roderich?"
Feli looked down to his feet, he was crying now. He didn't remember how long it was.
"I-I don't know." Feli replied "three or four years, maybe."
"Do you see what I'm telling you?" Ludwig asked "don't you see that they are never coming back?"
Feli dropped the ticket. "You're a liar!" He shouted. "You're a liar and I don't believe you!"
Feli then pushed Ludwig away from him and ran away.

***

Feli didn't want to believe what Ludwig was saying. But he realised the possibilities that they might have left him behind. Feli found himself barging into the music shop, running up the stairs, and fleeing to his room.

He slammed the door to his room and cried. He ran to his bed and got under his covers and cried more. He took the picture frame from his nightstand and looked at the picture of his brothers. His oldest brother, Antonio, was holding his other older brother, Lovino, on his shoulders. Lovino looked very unhappy and glared down at Antonio while Antonio smiled at the camera.

Feli ran his fingertips along the frame of the picture, it was cherry wood, carved to look like a regal picture frame that you might find in a castle. He missed his brothers so much. They hadn't contacted him since they left and he had no idea where they were.

Ludwig's words echoed in Feliciano's mind.
They probably took a boat to America too! They probably left you here.
Feli shook his head. "It's not nice to lie to people." He said. But deep down he knew that Ludwig was telling the truth.

***

Feli had pushed Ludwig to the ground and ran away.
First Ludwig just kind of sat there, puzzled and angry because his friend pushed him, but after a while of thought he realised that he shouldn't have pressured Feli into making a decision. I'm such an idiot. Ludwig thought.
I just obliterated any hope of his brothers coming back. How on earth am I going to apologise?
Ludwig walked home slower than usual, he felt sick to his stomach.

____________________________________________________________
OOOOOHHHHHH DAT ANGST THOUGH. I felt so angry writing this chapter haha. Sorry for this one being so short! Hasta la pasta~!