Poor baby Sams

"KORRAAA-OH" Was the first thing I heard. I felt the body next to me shift and the arms tighten around my waist. I'd remained bolt upright, because it was the comfiest position to be in with cracked ribs.

I felt her burrow her head into my side and mumble 'five more minutes,' I just managed to lift my head up in a sleepy daze when two adults walked to the bed. They must have noticed me waking and stopped mid step, one holding a chair the other starting to sit in Korra's chair.

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I got a good look at the now continuing adults; one was male, tall and quite muscular, the other was smaller and female. She had loose duel tied pony tails over her shoulders and both were in navy attire with white trimmings. The man had similar boots on to Korra and it took me this long to realise they were her parents.

"So-sorry, I ... She just ... I'm sorry I'm sat so close to your daughter." In my distress I try to move away and off the bed momentarily forgetting Korra was still attached to me and that I had a few broken ribs. I yelp in pain as a hot bolt spiked up my left side. Korra must have heard and she immediately let go and sat up holding my side and repeatedly whimpering apology's.

"K-korra, Y-yo-your parents are h-here." I struggle to squeeze out trough the bouts of pain.

Her head snaps round and starts mumbling incoherent words to the two sat at the side of the bed. "Korra, what have we told you about mumbling?" She shuts up when the man speaks. He spoke softly, I was expecting a load boisterous man but he was gentle.

I apologise again for being close to his daughter thinking I'd get a beating or shouted at, but neither come when Korra doesn't shift if anything she shifts closer and wraps an arm around my waist. "Asami, no-one's gonna hurt ya, you're safe 'ere." I relaxed a little as she pecks my cheek with a sweet kiss.

"Are you going to tell me who, what, when and why?" The man asks but gets nudged in the side by the woman.

"You must be Asami, we've heard lots abou' ya. She never stops talkin' abou' ya over the phone." I look at Korra and see a sheepish smile appear. I raise a brow.

"Is that so?" I'm still in a little pain but not quite as severe as earlier. We're both sat upright but Korra had easily changed it so that I was resting against her front and by gum it's comfy. She's wrapped her arms around my middle carefully and laced our fingers together.

"Korra dear,would you go get us a drink please?" The man asks. He hands Korra a few quid which she happily takes after grunting in protest and skips out of the room, for no apparent reason.

It's just me and her parents now though and I'm visibly shaking, thinking that he's going to attack me; he stands up and leans towards me, I cower away from him whimpering but instead he hugs me. He turns his head ever so sightly to my ear and says, "Thank you, Korra hasn't been this happy since she was little and oblivious." He pulls away and sits back next to the woman.

"I'm guessing you're Korra's parents? *They nod* And you're not going to punish me for liking her?" The woman's face morphed in to shock at what I just asked, the man just stared mouth agape.

"Why'd we ever punish you? Dunna worry Asami like Korra said earlier there's inna any need ta worry." So that's where Korra gets the accent from. "I'm Senna by t' way and this is Tonraq." She gestured to herself then to the man.

Tonraq offered his hand which I took gingerly still not quite trusting either of them.

Korra walks in with a massive grin on her face and arms full of drinks and a few chocolate bars. Her grin widens as she sees my hand withdrawing from Tonraqs. I smile sheepishly at her which causes Senna and Tonraq to turn around and smile at their daughter.

She drops all of the stuff she was holding on the table next to my bed and goes to climb behind me resuming the position we were in earlier. Her right hand finds on of mine while the other holds my other so that she's able to stroke a thumb over my knuckles.

"Korra here *he gestures with a wave of his hand at Korra* hasn't phoned us for the past three days and then we find out she's in hospital with no explanation and no hint as to why. So Asami would you care to inform us of why our daughter is in hospital with you?" his tone was calm and not in the slightest annoyed considering what he'd just said.

I eye him carefully determining what to tell him; however seeing as he thinks that I think he's going to hit me I might as well tell him why I think that.

"My father punched me in my ribs and cracked a few before I was able to get away." I decided to lie by omission in the hope he wouldn't push too further.

"Oh dear, that inna righ'. Is'e always abusive? *I nod my head* Tell ya what, sod 'im live with Korra in her flat it can house more than just a few." Senna got up and leaned in exactly like Tonraq had and hugged me whilst rubbing my back.

She leaned back but stayed farely close to me and cupped my cheek speaking in a lower voice. "Now, if Korra tries anything funny only use fingers." A blush slaps me as I tuck my head down shyly while Korra shoves her mum away.

"Goddess' mum sto-p, that's revolting." I chuckle quietly and cover my mouth out of politeness.