What the hell

It was another empty day in Alice Land. She was in home base trying to finish the last Harry Potter book. Before she knew it, it was time to go.

"Wait up guys!" She called out after Sam and Lucas, as she shuffled to put her things away, but it was no use. They left without her. Again. Lucas looks back, and she could hear him laugh and she shoved The Deathly Hallows back into her Zelda sack.

She glanced up.

"You coming?" Bella said with a smile.

They walked out together.

"You know, Lucas can be a total ass sometimes..I don't see how you-"

Bella glared at her, "It doesn't work that way Alice. You should know that."

"True, but..ugh! I don't know?! He's just so. So."

"Lucas."

They both laughed like idiots running down the hallway until Bella went into the gym for Cross Country.

"Lucas!" She called out to him as she made her way to her bus-table.

"Don't sit there. Sit here." He was pointing to the seat next to him, rather than across.

"Oh...Kay."

"Are you going to Apple Butter this weekend?"

"Hm, oh. yeah. Why?"

"Well, do you wanna walk around with me?"

"Sure!" She sounded too enthusiastic, "I mean...yeah. cool. Whatever."

"Cool. It'll be great!"

"Wait, but I was going to walk around with Bella?!"

"Isn't she going with her family?"

"Yeah. True. Okay." They talked about random things like their secret addictions to stealing, and baby language until their bus came. It felt like they were five again. It felt good.

They sat down across from his little sister Evan.

Alice noticed her 3ds.

"Lucas, there's some Spooky stuff in Re-Tail. You want it?"

"Oh yeah can you get that for me?"

"Sure but you're gonna have to pay me!"

Alice chuckled, "I didn't know Evan played Animal Crossing?"

"She just got it yestarday. She was jealous of me, obviously..." He flipped his hair ironically.

Just then, the annoying small child Levi turned around for his daily criticism. It was Alice's turn.

"You're ugly. Is that your boyfriend? No, you're too ugly...and you're old!"

"HEY SHUT UP, WHY DON'T YOU?!" Lucas shot at him.

"Hey, your old too!" His speech wavered.

"Thank you.." Alice was blushing.

"Hey. No problem. He's an idiot."

"I just didn't expect it out of you. You seem to hate me-"

"What are you talking about? You're like my best friend!"

"What? You always call me stupid!"

"I'm messing around! You're very intellectual."

"Why thank you," she was even more flushed, "right back at you.." The randomness set back in for the rest of the ride and Alice found herself getting off.

"Already?" She joked.

"See ya' Alice."

She ran home and collapsed into her bed. Maybe life wasn't so bad after all?