Let me go

She managed to keep it together until she got home, but shortly after, she heard a knock at the door. It was especially strange because she lived on the outskirts of town.

"Jeremy?!" She opened the door startled.

"Alice," he stepped in, closing the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I walked here."

"You live like twenty miles away!"

"It was important."

"Jeremy, my dad's not even home yet, I-"

"I had to apologize for the bet, I know Lucas can be a jerk, and I shouldn't have done it," his fingers slipped between hers as he did on the street only says before. The touch burned her with rage, "I shouldn't have bet lucas," he went on, "because i wanted to do it on my own accord-"
Alice cringed and sat down on the worn davenport, her hands dropping to her sides, "Please get out."

"What? Alice, I-"

"Leave."

He sat down to console her, but it was too late.

"Jeremy, You had your chance. You've had fair game for the past three years, but I'm over that now. I'm not looking for the horizon anymore, not when the pebbles at my feet are the solution after all."

"Alice-" he tried to touch her shoulder but she only pushed him away, "Jeremy, I'm done with you."

He stole one last horrified glance at her watery eyes, and stormed out.

Her dad shut off his car and walked into the little house, "What. Was. That?"