Too Much to Ask

When they returned, Lucas wasn't there anymore. He must have been removed, maybe Coach Mcbee saw what he did. In his place, though, was Bri.

"Alice," She spoke.

"What do you want?"

"I've been talking to Addison and-"

"Oh, you're here to pity me, right? Like everyone else?"

"Alice would you shut up and listen for once?! It might do you some good."

She was right, interrupting got Jeremy killed.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I've been talking to Addi, and I've realized something," she scooted closer and faced her, "I'm sorry you might feel like I'm looking down on you sometimes, and you might not feel like we care, no matter how much we try to show it, but Alice, you mean the world to me."

Bella showed up with Arise in arm, "and us."

"And no matter how much you feel like you're alone, like the world is against you-" Bri went on, "Just remember, we're not."

Alice felt tears of joy rising to her eyes, and she didn't blink them back. She didn't believe it, but at the same time, she wanted to. She never doubted Bella was going to leave, but she admitted some times it felt like Bri was already gone.

"I know we might not always do everything with you," Rachel added from behind her.

"Or anything-" alice muttered to herself.

"But we're here if you need us."

"Always," Addison concluded.

Alice didn't know what to say.

"You were like my first ever friend, you talked to me in kindergarten when no one else would. You think i'd forget that?" Jane added

"It kind of felt like you did at times."

"Well, your feelings are wrong," her friend hugged her with all she could muster, practically crushing Alice, who could only gasp, "I love you too Jane-" with a whisp.

Alice saw Will sitting at the top of the bleachers alone, listening to music.

"Guys, there's something I have to do.." She walked up the stairs slowly, and with every step she took, she breathed heavily.

"William-" she called to him from the second stair up.