When you're gone

"Jeremy..." Im the end, she couldn't stop thinking about it, she felt awful.

"Alice," He smiled, but you could see the tinted lipstick of hurt.

"I forgot, i'm so sorry! I was-"

"It's okay," he took a step closer, "Bradley came and walked with me...but, might i ask, what were you doing?" His eyes were so kind, his fingers slid themselves in between hers. He was very close.

She didn't know why she was doing this, but she was, "I was at a café with Lucas."

He jumped back, "Lucas?"

"Yeah, i.." She was red in the face.

"I'm sorry," he turned to walk away, "i need to go." And with that, he was gone into the night.

"Jeremy wait!" She was running after him, with tears in her eyes. It was clear who had been chosen.

"Jeremy," he turned to face her. She grabbed his ash grey hoodie by the neck and pulled him in for a kiss.

They stood there for a while, together. She felt like nothing could hurt her. Not here. Not now.

"Alice," he pulled away.

"No, Jeremy. You need to listen."

"Alice, i don't want you to defend it anymore. You like him. Go. I don't even," he was choked up, "care anymore."

"Jeremy it's not like that. We're just friends.. I swear."

"You two are awful friendly."

"Is this friendly?" And again, she kissed him, but this time, she took her own step back, "Jeremy. I don't like Lucas. The last fiber of that part of me died when i saw you leave me."

"You don't know what you have until its gone," Darby was behind her. Alice cried and hugged them both.

"Don't leave me again," She whispered to Jeremy as he held her in his arms, long after Darby parted.

"I won't," he smiled, letting go. She wished she could stay here just a little longer in the darkness, in the only arms that haven't crushed her, but her father felt it was time to honk the horn.

Aliceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें