Chapter 30

I wandered through the house in search of Harry. I had showered, dried my hair, and dressed for the day. Morning was fading into early afternoon and we hadn't made any plans. If we were going to do nothing, I at least wanted to do nothing together.

As I passed from the kitchen to the front entryway, the door opened and Harry stepped inside. He wore a black and white plaid flannel that was hardly buttoned and his hair cascaded messily around his face. "Hi, love!"

"What were you doing outside?"

"I want to show you something. Get a jacket."

I found a jacket to slip into and found some shoes to put on quickly. I rejoined Harry in the entryway. He leaned against the door scrolling through his phone, but put it away when he saw me. Wordlessly, Harry turned and opened the door. I followed him out onto the front step. I blinked in the sunlight as my eyes adjusted to the light. The air was cool, crisp as spring was attempting to shoo away the winter. There was a certain warmth radiating from the sun.

Harry moved to the side and I was able to see what he wanted to show me. Parked in front of the house was a sleek Porsche Cayman. I gaped at the sports car in front of me. It was sparkling red with black rims. Out of curiosity, I walked toward the car. My fingertips barely brushed against the paint and I felt the coolness of the car. I wandered around it completely. I took the time to admire the iconic shape of the car and "Porsche" written in silver across the back, titling the car.

"Wow," I said quietly. "Is this yours?"

Harry smirked as he approached me. "It is. Do you like it?"

"It's impressive," I smiled.

"Glad you still think so." He circled around behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. "You helped me pick it out in November."

"I have good taste."

"The best." He turned his head and pressed a few kisses to my neck. I tilted my head to let him have more room. "Would you like to go for a ride?"

"I'd love to."

Harry opened the car door for me. I slipped into the small sports car and sat back against the seat. The interior of the car was black. I felt the leather of the seats and took in the scent of the car that was distinctly new leather mixed with Harry's cologne.

Harry got in the driver's seat and smiled over to me as we put on our seatbelts simultaneously. He put the key in the ignition and turned it. The powerful engine roared to life. Harry revved the engine a few times before grabbing the gearshift and pulling it into gear. The car moved and we headed toward the iron gate to exit Harry's property.

The Porsche was effortless on the empty country roads winding around the surrounding area. Harry pulled at the gearshift and the engine's whine intensified as we picked up speed. Trees and grass blurred by us and the pavement disappeared beneath the car in a gray streak. The Porsche made light work of the road.

I looked over at Harry as he drove. There was haughtiness in his eye as he aggressively pulled at the gearshift to reach a higher gear. His bottom lip was trapped by his teeth. His knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel. He leaned back in the leather seat coolly, as if driving well above the speed limit was something he regularly did.

A curve came up in the road and I waited for Harry to slow down. I doubted we could take the curve going the speed we were traveling at. I furrowed my eyebrows and just as I was about to say something, Harry quickly pushed in the clutch and downshifted to take the curve smoothly.