Chapter 69

{Harry's Point of View}

Seattle, Vancouver, Phoenix, and Omaha came and went. Cities and venues were starting to become a blur. My mind was permanently fixated on the second day of November when our last show in Sydney would happen. After that, I could board a flight to London and work on healing my broken heart. I fantasized about going on a hiatus for a few weeks. I thought about flying to Bali and spending time there. My mind was on warm beaches and blue water when something sharp poked my eye.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry!"

"Take it easy, Lou. I want my eyesight." I rubbed at my left eye and squinted angrily at Lou as she bit back a laugh.

"I'm sorry, Harry. Maybe if you weren't daydreaming and actually held your head still, I wouldn't nearly take your eye out."

"Whatever."

"Someone's in a foul mood," she said under he breath. "Good news though, love. You're nearly done. And you look amazing."

I stood up from the chair and peered at myself in the mirror. My skin looked smooth and my hair was excellent. Lou had miraculously found the balance between messy and polished and I looked great. "Thank you, Lou."

"My pleasure, Harry. Please send in Niall. I've fixed his quiff twice, but he keeps trying on hats with Lux."

"Sure," I said absently as I left the room.

Once again, we were in Los Angeles. This trip was very short; we were only in California for twenty-four hours. Louis and Liam were being honored for song writing and the management team wanted the whole band to be there to support them. As soon as the awards show was over, we had a flight from Los Angeles to Tokyo. After Tokyo, we had performances in Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, and then China. Afterward, we headed south for New Zealand and Australia. I grew tired just thinking of the jet lag.

"Boys," Henry called, "you need to leave for the red carpet in nine minutes."

"Got it, Henry," Louis said angrily. Louis was in a fiery mood after someone had attempted to mock him on Twitter for being nominated for the songwriter's award. After a back-and-forth with the person, management told Louis to stop tweeting and took over his account for the rest of the day. Louis hated backing down from a fight.

Liam's mood was much brighter than everyone else's. He paced around the room while on the phone to his girlfriend. He kept telling her he loved her with a soft, steady tone that made me sick. "I miss you already, love. I love you. I'll call you when I reach Japan. Bye."

Terrence arrived with a clipboard in his hand. He had a laminated pass hanging around his neck. He looked stressed as he flipped through pages attached to the clipboard. "Do I have all four?"

"Yes," Henry confirmed.

"Alright, four, gather round." I hated it when Terrence referred to the band simply as "four." It was like he had forgotten that we are individuals with names. We aren't one person.

"Do we really have to be here?" Louis whined.

"You're receiving an award, Louis."

"Can't they just send it in the mail?"

"No," Terrence cut him off. "Now then, when walking the red carpet, stay in a close group. Arms around each other when pausing for photos. A reminder from the stylists, please mind your outfits. Please be sure your zippers stay up and your shirts are tucked in properly. People are going to want to stop you for interviews, but I've only guaranteed E! News, Entertainment Tonight, and The Insider chances to interview you."