New Years

Cordell top left, Cari's dress bottom left, & old pictures of Brittani and Kelly on the right

~
Baby you summertime fine,

I let you get on top, I be the underline I'm,

Tryna get beside you like the number 9, dime

You fine as hell,

I guess I met you for a reason, only time can tell
~

(This has to be the longest chapter I've ever made, sorry 😅)

~ Cari ~

I rolled my eyes and just as quick as I got up, Kelly pulled me back down.

"Hell you mean we got a daughter?" Kelly's eyebrows furrowed as we all watched him intently.

"Exactly what I said," she began calling from FaceTime and Kelly tapped the green button.

It was blurry at first but when it cleared it showed her holding a olive skinned baby with big brown eyes.

"Brittani, that kid doesn't look nothing like me. She don't even look like you!" he began raising his voice as Kyron's big headed ass tried to peek and so did Jordyn.

"You know damn well that baby ain't his." Kyron made duck lips.

"Look you can see the birth certifi-"

"You can probably make fake birth certificates now in days, ion believe shit you saying. You call me again, and I'm putting a restraining order on you." Kelly hung up.

Besides Jayda, Jordyn, and I's family talking and laughing, it was completely silent.

"I love God, you don't love god, what's wrong withchu." Cordell tried to change the subject.

"Kelly what if that baby-"

"It's not!" he cut me off.

"Watch your tone," I warned him. "But if she is, you need to step up to the plate."

"I play basketball not baseball, and it's not mine, probably not even hers. That don't even make sense, why would she be pregnant for nine months, and that baby ain't a newborn, she look at least six months. And Brittani not tell me at all?" Kelly sat back.

His face looked similar to when he lost a game, a cross between mad and another emotion that was unreadable.

"Look man, it's Christmas Day and the last thing I wanna do is read into some bull, so let's just let it go and carry on." Kelly shrugged and we agreed.

* A Week Later *

"New year, new me! Y'all already know!" Kyron yelled from the living room, and I could see him doing a little dance as we got ready to go to the New Years party.

We were in Los Angeles because Kelly and Kyron had a game against the Lakers yesterday, and tonight Kobe Bryant of all people was having a New Years party.

So fifty million athletes were invited. Even Cordell, although he played football for the Redskins, individually he was the best wide receiver in the east, so he was well known.