Sprang Break

It's a lot of late nights filled with contemplation

I could read your body language like a conversation

If we never talk again was your time wasted

I'm in a league of my own Tom Hanks

Good people going great places, it don't happen overnight

Sht take patience, Nothing is the same

Life stay changing

(I'm trying not to make this book have so much sex in it, but reality is 97% of college students especially if they're in relationships have sex often. So if you don't like it, skip it.)

~ Cari ~

I pouted as I reluctantly followed everyone onto the black sand as we left the water from kayaking.

Costa Rica had been fun for the past week but today was our last night here so we decided to make the best of it.

"What time is it?" Kelly asked and Cordell checked his watch.

"7:55, y'all tryna split up to do whatever and we meet up for dinner in two hours or what?" 'Dell looked between all of us.

"We can do that, but I got something serious to tell y'all later." Kyron shrugged and we all laughed.

"You? Serious?" my laughing died down.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'll see y'all ugly asses later." he grabbed Jordyn's hand, leading her away.

"What y'all bout to do?" the newly 22, Cordell asked.

He turned 22 and Jordyn turned 20 yesterday, and I guess with age comes maturity because they've been really chill surprisingly.

"You already know." Kelly chuckled, holding both of my hands. "Y'all?"

"He's about to sit down and help me make the list to this wedding." Jayda crossed her arms.

Since her and Cordell didn't have a traditional wedding, they planned on one in a few months on the exact same day they got married in Vegas.

"Y'all have fun with that." I giggled as Cordell whined like a five year old and Jayda drug him up the volcano ash hill.

"So what're we about to do?" I asked as Kelly's arms circled around my shoulders and he walked me towards the house.

Music was blasting from a stereo somewhere in the house as we walked through the already open patio door and we walked through the halls to our room.

I looked at my phone that I tossed on the bed earlier and cleared my notifications and took off my still soaked bikini, throwing on just a long t-shirt.

I looked up and noticed Kelly sitting on the chair outside our room that looked off onto the beach.

I stepped out, leaving the clear patio door open and noticed the pink and orange sky as the sun began to set.

I sat in between his legs, facing him with my legs criss crossed as Say Yes by Floetry played from the house.

"What's on your mind?" I ran my fingers through my cold wet hair.

"Nothin," he shrugged. "Life is just happening a little fast. Kyron has something 'serious' to say," he chuckled, shaking his head. "Which can't be good, and Dell and Jay bout to get married."