Oui

The team and Kenan in the mm

If we tried that we could be

Somewhere the climate is warm, long as you around me

I swear that everything will be just fine

I wish that we could take some time

Go anywhere, baby I don't mind

Grown man, in my suit and tie

Hey, there's no we without you and I

(If you haven't heard that listen to it cause that's the jam)

~ Cari ~

I watched the unwelcome visitors laugh and converse, having nice talks with my family, before I decided to speak up.

But for whatever reason Kenan's presence was throwing me off more than the stranger.

"Kenan, can I talk to you?" I interrupted his conversation with my sisters and mom.

"Reema what happened between you two? Kenan won't tell us," Nai'elah laughed.

I gave her a look and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"My bad, Cari." she said the name like it was poison as Kenan got up.

I don't even know where Kelly went, it's like he disintegrated.

I led him past the kitchen and into the dark hall where no one could see or hear us.

"This is a nice little place here," he looked around as I glared at him. "It's almost as big as mine."

"I don't want to hear about your chump change."

"Oo, chump change? I'm making six figures as a co-director, which is more than a little nursing job. And you can only imagine how much I'll make when my uncle puts me on." he chuckled, referring to his uncle, Spike Lee.

"Why are you here? I could understand if it was Rashad or hell, anyone else but why you?" I tried to keep my voice down as frustration weighed on my shoulders.

He stared at me, with a small head tilt and that mischievous smile that caught me, the day I met him.

"Come back to me," he mumbled.

"No, I'm happily married and you have nothing to offer me," I put emphasis on nothing.

He stepped closer, which made his 6'5 figure tower over me. It was only a wonder why he didn't go pro.

"So you gonna pretend like you don't miss me?" he laughed, making his jade eyes twinkle as his hands sat on my hips.

"I'm not pretending. You're crazy." I said.

"Crazy for what? For-"

"For raping me, and making me get an abortion, then months later, dating me because you knew I was afraid of you. Physically, mentally, and emotionally abusing me, so I would feel like I was less than human and wouldn't go out of state for college and trying to get me pregnant again." I listed every reason why we weren't together.

"If I was such a bad person, and you were so scared of me, why did you stay? Why did you still have sex with me?"

"You already took it, what did it matter? If I didn't give it up, it got taken. And I told you it was over a million times, yet you never took no for an answer." I backed up until my shoulder blades hit the wall.

Mystery Over History (Kelly Oubre fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें