3

Freedom

I was just leaving my last class for the day and I was exhausted. I wasn't really tired I was just exhausted from sitting in back to back classes for a long time. I had a online assignment that needed to be done and I was still irritated with Elijah. He so fucking extra it annoys me.

"What's up Freedom." I turn around to the person that's calling my name.

"Hi Safaree. Right?" I asked hoping I said his right name.

"Yea. How you feeling?" He said once he walked up to me.

"Exhausted. I just left class. How are you feeling?"

"About to go to my last class for the day. Not really wanting to sit through it."

"Well you got to do what you got to do."

"You're absolutely right. But look a homeboy of mine having a lil kickback Friday night and you should come and maybe bring a friend."

"I'll see what I can do. Where's this kickback supposed to be?" I asked.

"It's that big ass house where all the parties usually be. I forget the name but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about."

"Yea I know but I'll let you get to class before you be late."

"It was nice seeing you, I got to run into you more often."

I laughed and watched him walk away. He seem like a cool person. I turn around and see Elijah talking to that bitch Amber be with. I found out her name is Aries.

"What's up? Why you all in her face." I said directly to Elijah once I approached the two.

"We having a conversation." She said.

"I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my boyfriend, thanks you're dismissed."

"Man why you come over here with all that shit." Elijah said like he had an attitude.

"What you still standing here for? Y'all done talking." I said. She looked at Elijah.

"You can go Aries."

She seemed embarrassed but smiled anyway and walked off.

"Back to you." I said.

"Bye Freedom. You think I didn't see you over there talking to that nigga but you got a problem when a female approach me. Fuck outta here." He said then turned to walk off.

"Don't walk away from me Elijah." I said grabbing his arm. "That bitch been mugging me from day one and now I know why. You entertaining her."

"Shut up foreal Freedom." I can tell he was getting irritated with me but I don't give a damn.

"Bet." I said then walked off. I dont have time for him and his shit.

-

"Hey mommy." I said once I answered her face time call.

"Hey Free. What you doing?"

"Just finished up homework. What y'all doing?"

"I just cooked dinner and your brother and his girlfriend and daughter here. Your sister out doing who knows what and your other sister right here." She switched the camera and showed them.

"Aww look at my cutie niece." I said. Her name is Egypt and she's 2 years old.

"Hey Freedom." My brothers girlfriend Journey said with a wave. She's really pretty.

"Hi Journey."

"Sister." Empress said smiling into the camera.

"Hi baby sis. How's everything?"