18

Freedom

"Hey Isaiah." I said once I answered the phone.

We've been texting for a couple days now and he's cool.

"Hey Freedom. What you doing?"

"Sitting here bored, I'm hungry as hell." I said.

"Me too, want to go get something?"

"Where you want to go?" I asked. "I got a taste for some breakfast food." I said.

"Meet me at IHOP in fifteen minutes." He said.

"Ok. I will be there in ten." I said making him laugh.

"Aight Free." He said and I hung up.

I got off the bed and grabbed a pair of jeans that were cuffed and grabbed my short pair of purple uggs. I had on a white long sleeve body suit that showed my now poking stomach. I put on my black jacket and my infinity scarf. My hair was straight in a middle part and flowing down my back. After applying some nude lipstick to my lips I grabbed my bag and phone going downstairs.

"Ok sexy where you going?" Emory asked walking out the kitchen eating a bag of chips.

"I'm going to ihop with the boy Isaiah."

"Oop." She said making me laugh. "Still got the niggas flocking."

"Emory shut up. We cool, it's nothing going on."

"You look cute Free. Where you going?" My mother asked.

"She got a date with a boy who ain't Elijah." Emory said.

"Sips tea." Empress said coming out of no where.

"Y'all messy." I shook my head. "I'm going to get something to eat with this boy. Nothing like that." I said.

"Girl I don't give a damn if it was something. You make your own decisions." My mother said.

"So y'all coming to my appointment at 4 right?" I asked looking at my watch seeing it was 2:30.

"Yea."

"I'll see y'all later." I said and left out.

Arriving at ihop twenty minutes later I walked in and saw Isaiah sitting at a booth.

"Hey." I said once I reached the table.

"Hi beautiful." He said making me smile. He got up and gave me a hug before we both took a seat.

"How long you been waiting?" I asked.

"Just like five minutes." He said.

"Hi are you guys ready to order now." The waiter came over. We gave him our order and he went off about his way.

"So what you having?"

"I find out later today, boy or girl I'll be happy." I told him.

I told him I was pregnant the day we first started texting and he was not expecting it but he was cool about it.

"I take it that's why you didn't want anything serious."

"Well yea and because I still love my ex which happens to be the father of my child." I told him.

"Well I guess I'll be in the friend zone for a while." He said making me chuckle.

"I just don't want to rush into anything, my focus isn't on a relationship. You're cool to talk to though."

The waiter came and placed out drinks and food in front of us.

"Thank you." I said.

"Enjoy." He said and walked away.