Flying Fists

Mya's POV 

"You're what!" I scream into the phone. 

"I am in jail I need you to come bail me out." Luke says in a low voice.

"You only left fucking 3 hours ago! What happened? How much?" My head is spinning I can't believe this.

"I will tell you when you get here, I am sorry.  It is only like 2,000." He tries to play it off like is is okay.

"2,000 fucking dollars oh my god Luke." How do I get 2,000 dollars? I have no idea this is insane.

"Just use my secret stash at the house, I have to go it is the next persons turn don't hate me."

He hangs up the phone and Michael walks in and just looks at me.  I am pretty sure he heard the whole conversation and he hands me my car keys. 

"I want to hear the story when you get back." He looks amused and laughs while I walk out the door.

I drive to the house we shared or share or I don't fucking know right now and go into the bedroom.  It looks funny without the bed, but I go over to the dresser and look for the sock he has with his money in it.  He keeps money in a sock in case of any emergencies, I guess this calls as one.  I count out 2,000 dollars and take  an extra just in case, there is still plenty money left in the sock.  

I get back into the car and drive to the local police station. This isn't the first time I have been here before we even dated he would call me to bail him out for the stupid things he would do.  When the bands career started taking off he did a lot better with not getting in too much trouble, I can't imagine what he did this time.  

I walk in and a few familiar faces just smile at me, and then I see Arzaylea standing talking to a cop at one of the desks.  I know she is probably one of the reasons I am here bailing Luke out of jail.  I just ignore her so I can hear what Luke has to say and go over to another desk.

"Can I help you?" The cop behind the desk looks up at me.

"Yeah, I need to bail someone out." I don't know if I should smile or not because bailing someone out doesn't seem like a smiling matter.

"Okay, and who is it you want to bail out?" He looks back down at the computer and then back at me. 

"His name is Luke-- umm-- Luke Hemmings." This time I smile, because I don't want to just stare at him blank faced.

"Alright let me just check his status." He types something into the computer and I just stand waiting. I look over at Arzaylea who is staring at me.  Neither of us look away from each other, but the sly smile she has on her face makes me want to go over there and punch her.  Punching her in the police station probably isn't the best idea though.

"Hello? Ms.?  I am ready to assist you now." The cop snaps me out of my daydream of punching her.

"Oh sorry, yes?" I look at him.

"Bail is 2,032 dollars and 23 cents." He smiles at me which creeps me out a little, but I ignore it and hand over the cash.  "Thank you, you can sit over there while I go get him." He points to a bench where Arzaylea is sitting.

"Oh I can stand right here." I don't move.

"There is a line, you need to go sit please." His tone is a little more commanding and I oblige and sit next to whore face.

"Mya I don't want to be the one to tell you this, but Luke completely attacked Ryan." She has a fake sympathetic voice.

"What do you mean you don't want to be the one to tell me of course you do." I snap at her and I have only been sitting her for 2 minutes.  

"Okay true, but it was out of no where.  He saw me and Ryan walking and just attacked him."  I don't believe what she is saying, there must have been a reason. 

"Why are you even here?" I ignore what she is saying.

"Well Ryan fought back I had to bail him out, I took a video also I had to show the police." I tense at the mention of her taking a video.

The cop turns the corner with a bruised and bloody Luke and my mouth drops.  I have never seen him so beat up and can't imagine Ryan being the one to do it.  

"Oh my god-- Luke- Are you-- are you okay?" I touch his black and blue cheek and he flinches.

"Yeah, I am fine.  If you think I look bad, you should see the asshole that attacked me." He says with pure venom and looks at Arzaylea.

"It was Ryan?" If Luke looks like this he is right I don't want to see Ryan.

"Yeah, but Mya you have to understand he attacked me." He realizes what his words meant to me and I take a moment to take everything in.

Another cop turns the corner with a very bruised and bloody Ryan. "Luke, what did you do." I look at him.

"Mya he came after me." Luke looks from the limping Ryan back to me.

"Ryan are you okay?" I say when he is in front of all of us.

"Do I look okay?" He mumbles.  "I hope you are happy with your choice." His eyes move to Luke then back to the ground.

"Ryan I am sorry- I just--." He interrupts me.

"Whatever it is fine.  I have to go to the doctor and get checked out see you around." He pushes passed me and Luke who has been very quite this entire time.  Arzaylea gets up and follows him out not looking at either of us.

I look at Luke and can't believe what he did. "Luke." My voice breaks a little.

"Mya you don't understand they were waiting for me on the street-- they- they attacked me." His voice is pleading with me.

"Lets just go you can tell me in the car while I bring you back to your house." I walk passed him into the parking lot and into the car. 

We sit in silence for a while without even turning the car on.  "Just tell me your side of the story." I break the silence.

*****************************************************

Next chapter is going to be like a flashback sort of thing to Luke and Ryans fight.