Chapter 1

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*
I wrote this story in 2011 (9 years ago!) While I was in middle school. I considered deleting it all together but it is my most popular story so I've decided to edit it. If you like this story then stay tuned because a hopefully better version will start making it's way to your screen. Ultimately because I will be changing the tense from present to past and expanding on some story lines while completely removing others you may see gaps in specific content if you're reading during the construction process. Make sure to check back in for new updates! 💜💜

Chapter 1

I wiggled my fingers in the air around my wet head. The air twisted and contorted to my demand and began to dry not only my hair but the tiny wet spots that had formed on my light blue t-shirt. I glanced down at my jean shorts making sure that there were not any tiny wet spots caused by dripping hair. I spotted only one. My palm flattened against the jeans then I slowly moved my hand up bringing my fingers together. I sucked the tiny water droplet out of my hand and placed it in the tiny cup on the vanity. It sounded crazy but throwing away a resource like water no matter how small seemed wasteful and wrong. Plus, who knew when I might need a quick weapon.

The large square mirror in front of me was framed by small round lightbulbs that made the little droplets of water cling to my cheeks. Being an element bender means being aware of the energy in the world. Everything holds a piece of energy. Even the smallest droplet of water. To be an element bender means having a special gene that allows our body to not only attract, but manipulate the energy surrounding our bodies.

I ran my fingers through my long brown hair pulling it into a floppy bun. Small bobby pins scattered all over the pink marble vanity and I picked up two silver ones to secure the bun into place then a brown one to twist back my fringe of bangs that were just slightly too long to wear as regular bangs. Brown eyes surrounded by thick lashes looked back at me as I used my teeth to open the final bobby pin then slid it into my hair.

A booming voice echoed up the stairs and crawled its way into my room. "Lily will you please come on!"

My eyes rolled as I slipped on blue Converse style shoes. Clicking the door behind me I quickly took the steps almost two at a time and jumping over the last two altogether causing a loud thud. John grimaced and placed his hands on his hips.

"Just because it's your seventeenth birthday doesn't mean you just get to do whatever you want and stamped the house."

"Just because you are nineteen and already married doesn't mean you get to come in here and play dad." I did not think it was possible, but John's eyes narrowed more, and he stepped closer to me. I could see his alpha energy radiating from his body attempting to make me submit, but I was not an average shape shifter and he was not alpha yet. His brown hair dropped almost to his eyelashes and his gold eyes had specks of black gradually getting larger.

Abby, John's mate, placed her small hand on his shoulder. Her clear blue eyes met his and the black pools in his own eyes almost completely disappeared. He pushed her auburn hair behind her ear and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

I could not help making a fake gagging sound. "I thought we were in a huge rush to get to the movies John."

Dad placed his arm over my shoulders and shook his head at me. "Why don't you go get the twins and we'll go warm up the van." Dad was the current alpha of the pack. He stood taller than most male shape shifters and was only rivaled in energy and size by John who was quickly being groomed to take over. John was a spitting image of Dad except for silver eyes instead of gold.

"Harry! Elizabeth!" I plastered the most innocent smile on my face that I could muster, and Dad let out a long sigh.

"If I meant for someone to yell at them, I could have done that."