3

Later that day.

"Gianna Harrington" the professor called. "Gianna Harrington" he called again.

"Gia" Kayla said tappin my arm. "huh?" I looked around confused, "oh! Here!" I raised my hand.

The teacher just sighed and looked back down at his computer.

"Alright I'm sure you all read the 3 chapters I assigned and we have a pop quiz today" he said taking out a stack of paper.

The whole class kissed their teeth and moaned.

As everyone got their test we were signaled to start. I grabbed my pencil and looked down then I realized I hadn't read the chapters he assigned. "fuck" I whispered under my breath.

I ended up guessing and leaving early I honestly didn't have mind to deal with school today.

"Yo!" I heard Kayla call as I headed to the student parking lot towards my car.

"G wait up!" I heard her again, this time closer. I turned around and nodded my head. "are you okay?" She asked pulling the strap of her book bag back up her shoulder.

I sighed, "yea I'm fine I just gotta go to work" I looked at the watch on my hand. "I'll let you know what goes on in class" she touched my shoulder with an understanding face expression.

I half smiled and got in my car.

I drove to work and clocked in.

"You here early. Don't you have classes today?" Kelijah asked with a clipboard an pen in her hand.

I sighed deeply, "I don't have the mind for school today" I grabbed a shirt that was unfolded and started folding it back up.

"Let me guess Brandon got you like this?" She put her hand on her hip while I just looked down. "I done told yo ass you needa stop stressin bout this bro!" She cringed, "I would slap his ass if I could" she balling up her fist.

She stood silent for a minute. "what he do now?" She put her hand on the desk.

"Didn't come home last night" I said quietly. I could see her roll her eyes to the back of her head.

"This boy " She slapped her thighs. "he musta went to the studio after the meeting" I said trying to make an excuse for him, but really I couldn't cus I didn't even believe it myself.

"Oh no you don't! Don't make a fuckin excuse for him. G I know you smart enough don't let him play you!" She moved her hands to better express herself.

I looked over, "I don't even believe it. He said maneski came down from Chicago"

"Uhh!!!!" She screamed almost pulling her hair out, "lord knows I do not have the patience to deal with mudafuckas that's why he took my old dude" she said walking back and forth.

"I'll talk to him when I get home after work" I shrugged and walked to the front of the store to put the shirt back.

"Go talk to him right now, you can have the rest of the day off"

I turned around with a confused expression, "really?"

"Yes go you need to fix this ion want you and his big nose ass to be fighting, y'all too cute" she said with a stale face.

She really didn't like showing emotions.

"Thanks Ke!" I ran back and hugged her, "yea yea whatever it's slo anyways" she waved her hand.

I went to the back to grab my bag. I clocked out and left out the store.

I got to the parking lot and got in my car.