8

Few days later.

Brandon

I had been traveling for about 4 months now and I still haven't had the courage to talk to Gia. She been on my mind a lot lately.

I unlocked my phone and went to Instagram. I looked her up and just scrolled thru her pictures. She was fine and I missed her so bad.

There was one picture she posted with a red dress that caught me. I went back to my TL and scrolled some more then I seen a picture my Durk posted. I peeped a shordy with the same dress Gia had on her picture with the caption, angels really do exist.

I twisted my mouth and went back to Gia's page. I looked at both of them for a few seconds and it was her on Durk's picture.

I scrolled some more and found a post on The Shade Room that read, Lil Durk's New Love Interest, and it had a picture of him and Gia holding hands.

Apparently they was at a fashion show she modeled in.

"wadup broski" Herb came in dabbing me up. I didn't say anything I only held up the phone so he could see.

"Damn man foreal?" He took the phone and read the whole post, "nah lil sis wouldn't do this" he shook his head.

"What if she just like them other hoe's bro?" I looked up. He smacked his teeth, "I'll beat yo ass on foenem for sayin sum stupid shit like that. G ain't like them otha hoe's she stood by yo ugly ass when you needed it the most stop tweaking" He raised his hand acting like he was bout to hit me.

"So how you explain this shit bro?" I asked. "that's where you needa talk to her man, you got like two days before we got to LA. Talk to her and then take yo flight from Atlanta to LA" He said lighting up a blunt.

I nodded. While Herb was in the booth I called up Lorin and told her what I wanted to do. Thank god she loved Gia just as much as I did and she gave me the green light to go. I booked my flight and in about 4 hours I would be back in ATL with my shordy.

Gia

"Girl I know! it was pretty amazing" I told Ke reminiscing on last night. "well it sounds like y'all had a good time. All that was left out was the goodbye kiss" she joked.

I gave her a stale look, "he tried it" I simply said as I saw her eyes shoot up, "what the fuck G!" She said jumping to the edge of the sofa. "and you just gon say it all calm and shit?!"

I pushed my hair back, "I mean how else can I say it?" I said knowing damn well I was torturing her. She took a dramatic sigh, "I don't know! And to think I thought he liked me" she said sounding defeated.

"But it's coo" she closed her eyes and let out another dramatic sigh. "you so dramatic I swear" I laughed. Then I heard my phone ring.

I looked at the screen and the area code was from Chicago. "who in the hell would call me from Chicago?" I thought out loud while looking at Ke who just shrugged.

"Hello?"

"Hello we are calling from the Women's prison in South Side Chicago, Illinois" I heard a women's voice. "okay." I spoke softly into the phone.

"We are calling regarding Mrs. Victoria Jackson" I looked at Ke who was looking back at me. "uhm okay" I said confused as to why they would call me about my real mother.

I honestly thought I left her behind two years ago.

"She got into a brawl with three other inmates and was brutally stabbed" She went on to say.

I placed my hand on my chest. "she's in very bad shape and she's asking to see you"

I shook my head in disbelief, "but why me?" I said. "ma'am she's coming in and out of consciousness and all she says is your name"

I couldn't believe it. My heart told me to go but my stubborn head told me not too.

-Thanks for the 1k reads y'all are amazing!

-y'all think Gia should go see how her real mother is?

-Somebody slap Bibby upside his big head.

Comment, vote, share, and add this to your library.

Thanks, K.