Chapter 5

"Dad, it's not what you think! Derek go to my room, let me talk to my dad, I'll meet you there" Stiles was really exhausted, he just wanted to sleep and finish this day.

"Your room? You're telling him to go to your room? Dressed... Undressed like that?"The sheriff questioned with a concerned expression on his face. "Are you..." the old man softened his voice but not the concern

Derek's eyes widened "Sheriff, is there anything you're trying to suggest here that I'm not following?" he asked with astonishment "For the record, the only way I'd be more than happy to lay a hand on your son is to rip off his throat to silence him almost all of the time" he stated further almost defensively and... embarrassed?; "...figuratively" he added with a smile when he remembered he was talking to the sheriff.

The sheriff just sighed and gestured him to get in and moving aside "Okay, get in". Then he turned to Stiles again.

"So, you invite a total stranger, naked for the record, into the house but not your son?" Stiles said with a smirk.

"You're not coming in until you explain everything young man!" his father responded putting away his gun.

"Jesus, what's up with old men wanting explanations?" Stiles mumbled rolling his eyes "Okay, we were in the woods fighting Theo, he almost kills us, Derek appeared, he transformed into this super cool and fantastic wolfy-creature-" he was explaining getting excited in the last part when he was interrupted

"I thought that him being a 'werewolf' meant that he always has been able to transform into a kind of 'werewolfy-creature' like Scott" his father said ironically

"Gosh! Dad, pay attention! I didn't say 'werewolfy-creature' I said 'wolfy-creature'!. You know a real wolf like a Siberian Husky but more primitive and aggressive but just as gorgeous! Anyway! Let me finish! He transformed, helped battle Theo..." He made a pause "...Then Theo killed Hayden. He tried to kill me too but I managed to administer him the mandrake juice and everything ended" he said with a blank expression.

"He tried to kill you? Where's the bastard?"

"He..." Stiles sighed loudly "Malia left with him. She took him with her. We don't know where" he answered with watery eyes.

"Oh son, I'm sorry. Come here" he hugged his son "Wait, that doesn't explain Derek's current situation" the sheriff said with concern returning to his words.

"Oh, well. Apparently when he fully transforms he rips off his cloth so when he returns to normal he's naked, and he stacked with me because he wanted to know everything so, I have to go and finish the story for him so I can get to sleep" Stiles explained.

"Okay, do that. Good night son. Oh, and... I'm proud of you." The old man said and his son gave him a huge heartwarming smile.

Stiles hugged his father a last time and went straight to his room.

***

"So, where were we?" Stiles said as he entered his room all of a sudden causing the werewolf to spring from the bed to the opposite corner of the room "Dude what the heck is wrong with you?" Stiles asked while letting out loud laughs

"Don't you ever startle me like that again Stiles" the man tried to intimidate Stiles, which caused the boy to laugh more

"Okay Mr. Perfect Predator, whatever you say. Anyway, as I was saying; the night he provoked me, he also tried to make Liam do the dirty work of killing..." he regained control of himself and kept going with the events of the previous months.

"Okay, I see. Thanks for bringing me up to speed Stiles. See you around." Derek said getting up and heading to the window when he heard Stiles also got up.