Chapter 7

The next day, almost by dusk, Stiles' phone buzzed and his heart skipped a beat

"I'll pick you up in fifteen, be ready" Derek

"What do you mean? Why? D:" Stiles

"Just get ready" Derek

"Are you trying to kidnap me Derek? :s Remember who my dad is right? :)" Stiles

"Lydia, Stiles. And stop using those stupid faces" Derek

"Why? :( They're funny! :)" Stiles

Silence took over, like usual. He sighed and got dressed to go out.

Forty-five minutes later they were at Eichen House. Once they found Lydia they took her to her room on the supernatural section. She was gone, catatonic and barely moved, Stiles wasn't able to look at her, she wasn't any longer the smart girl he had a crush on. She was like an empty container. Derek stared at her for a moment. "Okay, let's go" he said walking to the door.

"What? Is that all? You just wanted to torture me by making me see her?" Stiles protested "You have no feelings at all you know, I thought I made myself clear that all this mess is really painful for me but you had to go and-" he was yelling when Derek let out a roar that startled Stiles

"I can help her, but I need to get ready and we will also need your tonic" Derek said in an incredibly calm voice. Stiles' eyes sparkledand he felt mood go up as they left the room and the institution.

"When...?" Stiles asked when Derek pulled over in front of the boy's house

"Halloween, probably" Derek responded.

"Next Saturday then. Okay." Stiles said opening the door and getting out of the car, he hesitated a second about closing the door jumping in again; Derek shot him a confused stare "Thank you Derek, it really means a lot to me that you're doing this, I think I like you a little bit now" he said throwing himself to hug Derek. The man blushed, his heartbeat rose and a wave of warmth spread across his body, and he thanked that Stiles didn't have a wolf's heightened senses; and instead of pushing the boy away, he corresponded the embrace, letting his nose catch the delicious, soothing smell of tho boy. After ten seconds or so both let go, Stiles got out and said goodbye to Derek.

During that week the mood seemed to cool off a bit, however Stiles and Liam spent more time together and both avoided Scott as much as possible. Scott had to conform with Mason's company which wasn't that bad, except when he was talking about handsome guys, which was like almost always.

Halloween day came, and before sunset Stiles and Scott met at the high school and waited for Derek. They were talking peacefully for a change, when the Theo subject came up. Stiles tried to change it but Scott insisted "Stiles you beat the crap out of a guy, chimera or not chimera, he was just a boy like us! I still can't believe you did that! And the fact he threatened your dad and you is not an excuse! Remember when you were the nogitsune and-" that was it, that was the spark that made everything explode.

"And what Scott? Allison died? I know okay! I have it present every fucking single day of my life! And you know what? You wanna know how that kid died? He was going to kill me Scott, I ran and began climbing the repair stairs, he grabbed my foot and I tried to reach for a tube to hit him so I could free from him. But it wasn't that simple, all the tubes fell and one impaled him!" His face red from anger, his throat raw and the veins of his neck full of blood.

"I felt sick! I ran out of the school Scott! I called the police so they could see the body but it mysteriously disappeared! I freaked out Scott! A lot. You know, not even my dad being a cop; no, being the sheriff, didn't blame me and turned his back on me like you did!" Stiles kept talking, his voice now shaking.

"And the next day, your beloved Theo killed another chimera in the hospital roof and asked me not to tell you about it because he knew you wouldn't approve it and you wouldn't let him become a member of the pack. And guess what, he did know what happened in the school! He is a bastard! The worst of his kind! And you are almost like him for trusting him more and linger onto his words even now Scott" Stiles finished and began walking past Scott.

"Stiles wait! Why tell me this until now? Why not before? How can I be certain that's the truth?" Scott inquired half ashamed, half concerned.

"You still doubt me!? Screw you McCall! Look into my memories if you must! Clearly my words mean nothing to you, maybe seeing it will make you believe. If you don't come to the conclusion that I found a way to alter my memories somehow, that is" Stiles responded angrily and Derek appeared

"What's going on in here?" the older wolf asked worried

"Nothing, I decided I would wait for you at the parking lot because McCall was about to go home" Stiles said angrily not even turning to see Scott.

"What? Lydia is also my friend Stiles!" he snapped tightening his grip on Stiles' arm, his eyes glowing red and his claws coming out. Stiles cried in pain, and before Scott could react Derek launched himself forward grabbing Scott's arm "Let - him - go - Scott" he said breathing hard and digging his own claws on the young wolf's skin.

When Scott realized what was happening he let go Stiles "Stiles... Dude I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I shouldn't have lost control like that, damn I'm sorry" he let out almost crying.

"Go home Scott. We don't even know if it'll work. If it works you'll hear it from her. Let's go sourwolf" Stiles mumbled with a tear rolling down his cheek. In other circumstances Derek would have protested or snapped, but even he knew better and followed suit Stiles leaving Scott all alone.

Stiles remained silent all the way down to Eichen House, Derek didn't enjoy this silent trip like he thought he would.

Once they were outside Lydia's room; Stiles reached for the door handle with his left hand, his left arm still aching but not bleeding anymore. Before he could open the door he felt two strong hands, one on each arm grabbing him, pressing and turning him; when he was about to snap because of the pain it caused him, he was pulled into a tight embrace and felt how the pain was fading, and soon he hugged back.

"I thought you said no physical contact" he whispered softly with a grin, not wanting to be released.

"Exceptions can be made now and then. How are you feeling?" Derek asked also whispering

"Well you know, with hugs for the heartache and wolfy powers for physical pain, I'm fine. And you're not wearing your leather jacket but you still have leather smell. Is that smell permanently on you?" Stiles asked calmly. "I like it" he whispered as low as he could, however Derek managed to heart it clearly albeit he pretended he didn't

Derek chuckled "Thought you might like it" he whispered inhaling the boy's scent and letting go. This time was Stiles' turn to growl earning another smile from Derek "You look better now".

"Who wouldn't with that gorgeous smile crowned with those beautiful eyes?" he mumbled under his breath, Derek flinched and his muscled tightened "Yeah I know, you herd that. That was the point" Stiles added not knowing that Derek not only just herd him, but also blushed and a shiver went through the werewolf's body.

Derek opened the door and entered the room followed by Stiles. "Could you explain me the procedure once again please Doctor Halewolf?" the boy asked playfully and Derek rolled his eyes 'good job Derek, you returned him to his usual, annoyingly, dumb self" he thought.

"Something similar to our healing process Stiles. If long ago, Peter's bite awoke her banshee powers, perhaps my bite will be able to trigger her healing, though it won't be nearly as fast as a wolf's. Also, Theo was a chimera; that means he had at least a little quantity of venom on his claws" Derek explained patiently.

"So you're going to combine the bite with the 'claws in spine' trick using your claws dripped with mandrake extract to nullify the poison and trigger her healing?" Stiles mumbled before Derek said it.

"That's... Correct Stiles. I'm impressed, that brain of yours is really something" Derek said raising an eyebrow and Stiles couldn't help blushing.

He took out the vial with the precious liquidand poured some on Derek's claws, then stepped back and watched everything quite excited.