Chapter 28

When they got to the clinic there was no one else there. About half an hour later, Argent and Isaac with Liam showed up. Then Parrish with Lydia. Eventually Scott and finally Jackson appeared. Once they were all there, they entered and Deaton was already expecting them with a flask containing a bluish liquid.

"Is that the tonic?" Isaac asked.

"Yes. I must inject this to you in order for it to work and protect you from the Arachne's venom. It's ready for use whenever you see fit."

"Okay then, let's do this" Jackson said pulling up the sleeve of his shirt.

"Do you have any plan?" Stiles asked with an eyebrow raised. "That's what I thought." He replied himself "Do you have a map?" asked to no one in particular.

"I do" said Parrish handing it.

"Good work deputy!" Stiles said when he saw Parrish had already marked the points of the attacks and traced the possible radius where the creature might lurk. "You could teach this lot a thing or two" he teased "Especially that one" he added nodding his head toward Jackson.

"Okay, there are four spots where it has attacked here in Beacon Hills; here where attacked Liam and me. Here where attacked Liam and Isaac. Here where attacked Satomi. And finally here, where it took me to last night. If you notice; this, this and this point make a perfect triangle; and the point where it took me, is exactly on the center. Now, the point where it attacked me is here. It distorts the triangle..." he explained adding the place he was attacked the night before, and Isaac got closer snatching the marker from his hands.

"Here. This is where the Calaveras were attacked"

"Six points. Five outside, one in the center... But it's still missing something." They all stared at the map several minutes trying to figure it out.

"Hmm... Allow me" Lydia said grabbing a pencil from somewhere. "The points are equidistant, except here. If there's a pattern, then it should be another point... Over here. It's an hexagonal area, not triangular."

"Wait... That's..." Scott realized.

"The Hale House" Lydia finished the sentence.

"What would it want with my old house?" Derek whispered.

"Good question Derek. But right now we need a plan" Stiles said and Derek nodded.

"Got anything yet?" the man asked.

"Yeah, it's likely that during day it takes shelter in the manor. I suggest sending a team of about four or five to check the surroundings and have Mr. Argent place traps and stuff. Also pick at least two more spots in case this thing is on one of them; I suggest these two which are the closest ones, preferably this three but we don't have enough numbers. Oh, and Jackson, you will be our backup plan; you don't engage, you wait and only jump in in case anything goes wrong" Stiles explained.

"What? Why?"

"Because it's afraid of you. You appear, you make it run. You're our lifesaver." Stiles said slightly pursing his lips.

"So are we doing this today?" Jackson asked excited snapping his fingers, all the other teenagers, including Parrish said yes.

"Of course not!" Stiles snapped everyone turning to see him "Seriously guys, we don't have the upper hand just by ambushing it! We need weapons and as far as I remember, we don't have any olive on us" he said annoyed.

"So what? Can't we just go to a supermarket and buy extra virgin olive oil?" Jackson replied sarcastically.

"The supernatural doesn't work that way Jackson" said Chris. "Even the wolfsbane we hunters use has to meet certain requirements during its cultivation. I assume the same applies to this."