Chapter 30

"Where's Derek?" Liam asked.

"He left" Scott said with his fists clenched.

"He what?" Liam asked, rage building within him.

"He's feeling guilty for what happened tonight. He said he didn't want to expose Stiles to further danger so he said he's going to kill the creature and then leave town. I would've killed him myself but Stiles is more important now." Scott explained.

"Did you try to reason with him?" Isaac asked biting his nails.

"Yes Isaac, I gave him until tomorrow morning to make his mind up. If he doesn't show up he's never going to get near Stiles ever again, and I'll see to that" Scott replied with a steady voice.

"Let's just forget about that for now, like you said Stiles is priority now" said Chris keeping a serious face.

The boys nodded and headed to the second floor of the building and waited outside Stiles' room until someone got out and tell them something about their friend's condition.

"How did it go?" Scott asked to the woman who came out of the room a few minutes later.

"Oh Scott... Hey, are you positively sure he had a cut on his chest?" Melissa asked.

"What are you talking about mom? I'm not 'possitively sure' he had a cut... Wait no, I'm damn sure he HAS a nasty cut on his chest. You saw his shirt" he replied quite mad.

"Well, you might wanna take a look at this" she said baffled gesturing Scott and the others to get inside the room. When they entered the room Stiles was laying on his back with some lines connected to his elbow pit. He had hospital clothes now. Melissa untied the shirt showing his bare chest, and to Scott's surprise there was no sign of wounds or anything.

"H-How's it even? He... He's not a... What the...?" Liam stuttered trying to form many questions at a time.

"I... I did that?" a baffled, deep, raspy voice came from behind them. 

"Derek?" Scott turned surprised to see the other alpha standing there. "What do you mean? how could you have done that?"

Derek was standing in the entrace of the room as perplexed as everyone else. "A perfect wolf's form saliva has some... Healing properties, you might say." 

"Is that why you-"

"No Scott... At that moment I didn't do it thinking about it. I didn't even believe the stories were true. It's said it only works when the wolf and the other being, either another werewolf or a human,  share... A bond... A special link.  What about the other tests?"

"Nothing. He's clean. A small fissure on one rib but nothing pain killers can't handle. The CTs didn't show internal bleeding and his brain is just fine. Just bruises" Melissa said. "Does John know about this?" she asked and both alphas remembered no one had told the sheriff. "Okay, I'll let you handle it. I'll leave you alone" she said with a smile and left the room.

They all sat in silence in the room for almost half an hour when Derek spoke "I've seen so many people suffer because of me. I wouldn't stand losing another important person in my life" he whispered.

"You know I haven't said this to anyone but, since Laura died... No, since the fire; I've had very few happy and funny moments... And in all of them Stiles has been there... I remember having dinner with your father and him when Kate made me young again. He kept the 'cousing Miguel' crap, and made up this stupid last name and stuff..." Derek said glancing briefly at Scott, remembering things with a heartwarming smile with his eyes fixed on Stiles' sleeping face.